Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

justa
Banned User

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

Johnnybeme
Justa

One of your less coherent rants. Why do you consider fraud to be excusing yourself from working on a POS. If I choose to excuse myself from any customer I can use any excuse I want. Maybe I just do not feel lucky? One of the only things left to small business is the right to refuse ANYONE. Maybe I do not like your hair maybe you remind me of my X. The point is it is a private decision and as long as I do not insult anyone or wrongly take anyone's monies or break the law, I have done no wrong. How can anyone know what is inside another person?

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

Smogtech
refused to test a car are not cheating any form.  Big truck huge off road tires with lifted, I will not asm it.  brakes not working I will not ase it.  too lowered I will not asm it.  no reverse i will not asm it.  and so on. This a job just like any other job. Not serving the public.

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

Kriss Vector

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

I have never done this but the thought has crossed my mind.

If I haven't calibrated my evap machine yet, it isn't working so I can't test your 1986 POS, BUT if BAR stops in to check it all I have to do is calibrate it and I'm good to go. I don't think they would have an issue with that. I could not even calibrate my BAR97 and be STAR.

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

FRUSTRATED
I think what Justa is trying to say is that shops are not doing ASM tests period and lie about reasons for not doing the vehicles.  I'm sure we have all at some point "persuaded" a customer to go down the street if we sensed a head ache was coming but we don't do it as a business practice to be STAR certified with the Dyno and refuse to do ASM tests.

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

justa
Banned User

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

Smogtech
J, I never refused to make money but sometime you have no other choice.  I likes smog Rv easy money $80 to $90.  With the reason above I most likely reject them. plus if the customer said only paid when passed, I will hand the key back to them. The station choice to smog it nor not.  I only rejected if not testable.

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

Yep you have that choice! Thank God we are not slaves!!!!!!!

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

JUSTA, that is the stupiested statement you have ever made

 If your equipment is down so should you. The doors should be shut till you can do the proper job the BAR cleared you to do.

Really! my bar97 is down and the fucked up tech can not fix the machine, so I should not be able to do OIS testing, that is retarded, that is the only good thing about OIS testing, if your bar97 is down you can still do 50% of the cars coming in the door and keep your employees working. Who are you to worry about people if someone lies or not, you have stated many times how you have bent the rules to make customers happy (which in my book is cheating, that's no different then lieing to a customer. KEEP IT REAL. PLEASE

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

justa
Banned User

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

justa
Banned User

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

Smogtech
I am done with this topic.

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

I curious, Do you have a shop to feed your ego or make money?

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

justa
Banned User

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

Johnnybeme
Relax

The under pricing is perception and we can do nothing about it. If the consumer had his way it would be free! So charging more is relative to your professionalism and your qualifications with a lot to do with the demographic of your customers. My slogan (Charge more and be happy) has to do with this frustration of having my worth relative to those who just chase numbers. I try to provide automotive service that includes state of California inspections. If the customer sees what I can do and chooses me to do his inspection it is different than going to someone who does only the inspection he wants done.

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

JUSTA, I understand your frustration with low ball pricing but telling someone that they should close their doors when one of the machines goes down is a whole other issue.

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

justa
Banned User

Re: Hey BAR you want to do some good and catch cheats and crooks? Do this.

none
If your issue is their price. Deal with that. If you are the only one testing these cars, CHARGE MORE. It is free market, supply and demand. What I see you promoting is anti-capitalism with regulated markets.

I see your actions no different than when someone doesn't want a development to go through so they raise issues over environmental impact. The reason they don't want it has nothing to do with the environment but it is a bureaucratic way of bankrupting them.

SIERRA CLUB closes off the national forest to public access or closing recreation areas by suing in federal court because of some endangered frog not even in the area but it is POTENTIAL habitat. It has nothing to do about the frog but they use the government agencies to keep the public off public land that they want to themselves. I have seen it happen to many off road riding trails in the Sierra foothills. It gets tied up in court and the little guys don't have the money, time, or legal staff to fight it.

QUOTE;"My problem with both the shop's are STAR from day one. One guy has a score of .99 Why? Because he will not do a thing that might hurt his STAR score.
He blows more work out than he does.
 " Yet they aren't on this web site ranting about regulation so it must be working for them.