Honda sulev No cats available

No One
Just had the muffler guy call me telling me that there are no SULEV cats available for the 2003-2004 Honda Accords. He asked what can be done in this situation since the dealer said they do not know when any will be available. I directed him to the REF since I'm sure its tough luck if there is a shortage. Maybe ref will give 1 year extension?

Re: Honda sulev No cats available

dcf1ver
No One wrote
Just had the muffler guy call me telling me that there are no SULEV cats available for the 2003-2004 Honda Accords. He asked what can be done in this situation since the dealer said they do not know when any will be available. I directed him to the REF since I'm sure its tough luck if there is a shortage. Maybe ref will give 1 year extension?
They are available from the dealer. Have to call around sometimes.(just replaced one a few weeks ago)

2002 and older SULEV Accord cats are NLA.

The ref will issue a substitute part number in this case. They can/will issue the number over the phone.

The ref will issue a substitute part number in this case. They can/will issue the number over the phone.
Thnx. In the case that they do this and they come into my shop, how can i verify the cat?

Re: Honda sulev No cats available

Ram Rod
You will need to look for a referee label on that car that will state that catalyst EO # listed on it.

Re: Honda sulev No cats available

smog frogposter
Ram Rod wrote
You will need to look for a referee label on that car that will state that catalyst EO # listed on it.
Funny, had a similar situation a couple years back with an early 2000's ford F250 that had its catalyst stolen. No aftermarket part available and the customer replaced it with a substituted part number from the ref but no bar label. Failed it and had a phone call that same day from the ref barking at me for not checking the mfg number. Told the prick the cat wouldn't match with the family group and the truck was technically an OBD1 with an OBDII catalyst (GWVR over 8500) and after I noted the fact it did not even have a label the ref backed down and told me he would provide the bar label for the next time...

So they do need to go to the ref after all then. Thnx.

Re: Honda sulev No cats available

dcf1ver
No One wrote
need to go to the ref after all then. Thnx.
Yes but AFTER they call the ref,get a substitute number and have the cat installed.

The ref will inspect and issue a label.

Thats what they did with our customer.