How Long Before It's In California???

Monkey
Something to think about.....(Click to see the future)
http://ohioecheck.info/self-service-kiosks

Re: How Long Before It's In California???

none
They have those in Nevada too.

Re: How Long Before It's In California???

Skanga
Haha, I can just imagine all the riced-out Hondas with illegal performance parts lined up around the block taking a self-test without dealing with those pesky visual inspections.

Re: How Long Before It's In California???

smog man
Lol,I don't think BAR would let that happen. BAR wouldn't be able to line there pockets with our money. From fines they collect, for us making a simple mistake.

Re: How Long Before It's In California???

So they are just gonna let the visual bypass? NICE!

Re: How Long Before It's In California???

smog man
A lot of States, never did a visual. They just plugged in, no codes, and all monitors set, it's a pass. I don't know if they check for smog stuff, during there safety inspections. Reno was using the BAR 90 machine, back in the days. I don't know what there using today.

Re: How Long Before It's In California???

simpleman510
yea i doubt california will do it just beacause of modifications

FiendFX wrote
So they are just gonna let the visual bypass? NICE!

Re: How Long Before It's In California???

smog man wrote
A lot of States, never did a visual. They just plugged in, no codes, and all monitors set, it's a pass. I don't know if they check for smog stuff, during there safety inspections. Reno was using the BAR 90 machine, back in the days. I don't know what there using today.
I have seen these kiosks in Reno now.

Re: How Long Before It's In California???

My Name is Nobody
It was in California.

Re: How Long Before It's In California???

mikesmobile
Robots can take care of the visual.
Mike

Re: How Long Before It's In California???

Kriss Vector

Re: How Long Before It's In California???

your name is nobody, that was probably in a Change of ownership Only area where the pollution is close to nill . Ohio and other states that DO NOT have a huge pollution and population area are probably going to use those , but not CAlifornia ! as someone on this forum said, CARB would lose billions on the aftermarket part market . NOw are they going to let that aftermarket deal go and substitute with the gas tax and miles driven tax I don't know , maybe but doubtful , CA government is constantly dreaming up new ways to tax the citizens,  while the citizens are out working to pay off huge debts , the Ca gov is coming up with more ways to line their pockets

Re: How Long Before It's In California???

My Name is Nobody
No.  The SAM was developed by ESP and as you remember OPUS completed the acquistion of ESP.

http://www.tirebusiness.com/article/20061023/NEWS/310239995/diagnostic-kiosk-aims-to-give-motorists-peace-of-mind-auto-service&template=printart

BAR back off the idea of KIOSH smog check for now but not gone.

Re: How Long Before It's In California???

justa
Banned User

Re: How Long Before It's In California???

smog man
just another shop owner, I agree with you. The problem we would have, is these old BAR 97 machine would need to be upgraded. And we would have to install a four wheel dyno setup, for these newer cars. I thought that's the route we were going. I guess they went the OIS route, to save customers money and time. I heard BAR wanted to push the mom pop's shops out of the smog business.

Re: How Long Before It's In California???

My Name is Nobody
Our neighbor Oregon already has OBD Kiosk

http://opusinspection.com/programs/oregon/

Re: How Long Before It's In California???