How STUPID can you be? (Diesel Fails)

 Shop's are still doing it, WHY?
Just had a newer Chevy 3500 Diesel  leave here that was TOTALLY modified. It had to be Cleaned.
Personalty I don't know a shop in my area that will do one.
Guy across from me has one also. Wide open exhaust. Yes it is new enough to need the DEF system.

 Is the system that bad that they can still be done, and the BAR not catch them? Or is people that STUPID where they think they are not going to get NAILED?

P.S. the 3500 was following a M\H that we were doing. People KNOW we will not CHEAT.

Re: How STUPID can you be?

Shop's are still doing it, WHY?
Just had a newer Chevy 3500 Diesel  leave here that was TOTALLY modified. It had to be Cleaned.
Personalty I don't know a shop in my area that will do one.
Guy across from me has one also. Wide open exhaust. Yes it is new enough to need the DEF system.

 Is the system that bad that they can still be done, and the BAR not catch them? Or is people that STUPID where they think they are not going to get NAILED?

P.S. the 3500 was following a M\H that we were doing. People KNOW we will not CHEAT.
Can we start a thread for diesel fails. I hardly get them and usually only look for missing CATs and egr deleted. Other than that, idk what these guys can possibly do to their trucks that would be a fail.

I once saw NONE post about not passing trucks because something about the exhaust being wider than 3 inches.

Re: How STUPID can you be?

none
No One wrote
I once saw NONE post about not passing trucks because something about the exhaust being wider than 3 inches.
I fail or reject if the exhaust is larger than stock BEFORE the cat.

I think I posted a sheet I made that shows the stock size for each make and engine by year.

Re: How STUPID can you be?

No One wrote
Can we start a thread for diesel fails.
I modified the title for clarity and pinned this,  Let me know if this isn't really needed and I'll put it back
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: How STUPID can you be?

No One
Thnx. I think it'd benefit everyone if we posted diesel fails. I have only ever failed for missing CATS. But with the new diesels coming out, maybe we will start to see new visual fails I would prob overlook.

Re: How STUPID can you be?

You're welcome, there is also "previously pineed" thread on this subjuect that may be of use

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Diesel-Related-Questions-td5022559.html
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: How STUPID can you be?

Diesel pre-cat stock exhaust sizes.

FORD 7.3L & 6.0L  down pipe is 3" from turbo and goes to 3.5" from the flange before the cat to the cat.
        6.4L is 3.5" from the turbo to the cat

GM 6.6L Duramax is 3.5" from turbo to the cat.

Dodge 5.9L 1998 is 3" turbo to cat
                2003 is 3.5"
                2004 with early style clam shell cat is 3.5"
                2004 with late style spun cat is 4"

                2004 with late style spun cat is 4"
Do you bring out a ruler and string for this? Or do you just recognize it?

Re: How STUPID can you be?

Best Answer I Can Give
 How STUPID can you be? The man is HELPING  you and you make fun of it.

Re: How STUPID can you be?

No One wrote
Do you bring out a ruler and string for this? Or do you just recognize it?
I use a caliper.

Re: How STUPID can you be?