How do I contest short term measures?

SmogAce
HI, Any of you know how to go about contesting short term measures? I always get rpm violations on the dyno when I do older toyota pickups and want to know how and who to call in order to show my repair order documentation about shifting concerns. Have any of you done it? I have heard that there is a way. Thanks!

Re: How do I contest short term measures?

TheSmogDog
Yeah I get those a lot too! I just had a completely stock 98 Viper in the shop and had to test it in 1st at 15mph because the rpm was just too low. I know I am gonna get hit with one. No idea how to fight them  It's not my fault the rpm is too low it is just the car

Re: How do I contest short term measures?

Short term measure is not the same as FPR. And i would not sweat it since you need a total of two "deviation" points for them to contact you. From what i remember is that you cant get 2 or 3 points on incorrect gear ration. Its only 1 point per measure.

here is what i have right now

Performance Measures State Average  Standard     Inspector Average    Incidents Comments

Fuel Cap Not Performed   0.35%         0.44%                0.00%

Evap Not Performed   0.60%         0.75%                0.00%

Timing Not Performed   0.86%         1.07%                0.00%

OBDII Not Performed   0.12%         0.14%                0.00%

Max Readiness Monitors   3.37%         N/A                        2.55%      ✗ N/A

ASM Restarts           5.89%         7.36%                1.43%      ✗

Aborted Tests           2.95%         3.68%                8.70%      ✗

Incorrect Gear Selection ✗         2.00%                  *

Similar Vehicle Failure Rate 11.58% 5.79%                10.89%      ✗

✗ - Denotes a value that is not calculated.
* - Denotes insufficient data to calculate score.
** - Denotes a station’s rate that is outside the allowable limits may have passing marks, because there is not enough data to statistically validate that result.

I have too many aborts at the moment. Too many cars overheating. And after looking at the machine data files, i have a total of 40 aborts since i got the gen 3 back in august of 2018

And i think both incorrect gear ration and aborts should be removed just like with max readiness.

Re: How do I contest short term measures?

IncogLegal
RPM violations and Aborts are quite hard to overcome. However, RPM deviation can be addressed. Although it is hard to maintain the lowest rpm with at high gear (2nd gear for 15 mph and 3rd gear for 25 mph) you will need more trial and error for each vehicle to know when to use 2nd gear and when to you 3rd gear. It just boils down to experience and keep trying.

Re: How do I contest short term measures?

You can't. They'll just tell you as long as it's not affecting your star certification now to not worry about it. Also I test a few vipers on 1st and don't get an rpm ding but occasionally do for those toyota trucks.
Exercise and dividends,dividends, DIVIDENDS.

Re: How do I contest short term measures?

No One wrote
And i think both incorrect gear ration and aborts should be removed just like with max readiness.
How about remove fast pass algorithm and be done with aborts and restarts?  IGS you gotta kick the Hondas a little bit and also shift to third on manuals. Anything over 2000 violates, at least for me it does.  You can always prove them out mathematically too ... usually.  Sometimes.
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: How do I contest short term measures?

Stop caring and be the best inspector you can be . The system is stacked against you

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020, 3:53 PM SmogAce [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
HI, Any of you know how to go about contesting short term measures? I always get rpm violations on the dyno when I do older toyota pickups and want to know how and who to call in order to show my repair order documentation about shifting concerns. Have any of you done it? I have heard that there is a way. Thanks!

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/How-do-I-contest-short-term-measures-tp5082362.html

Re: How do I contest short term measures?

tampered wrote
No One wrote
And i think both incorrect gear ration and aborts should be removed just like with max readiness.
How about remove fast pass algorithm and be done with aborts and restarts?  IGS you gotta kick the Hondas a little bit and also shift to third on manuals. Anything over 2000 violates, at least for me it does.  You can always prove them out mathematically too ... usually.  Sometimes.
I agree, fast pass should be removed. But i guess. I remember that a while back they did remove them for certain period of time.