How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

JAJAJAJA-BAR
I sometimes feel a bit offended by this. I usually just stare back at them. Then they quit. It reminds me of my sister and I, as children having an epic staring contest. I find it uncomfortable. I feel like they do not trust me, even though my shop has a stellar reputation.

The top offenders are people who own 90's and earlier Corvettes and Porsches. Like I care so much about their junk. And when any other customers follow me out of the office to the car for the actual smog check I know there are some E/O numbers missing, or something F'd up. lol

Re: How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

Yeah its annoying, it's just part of being human though. People do weird shit that they don't realize pisses people off, or they don't care and do it anyway.

Re: How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

Best Answer I Can Give
 If all people were 5 ft 8, blonde hair, blue eyed. it would be a VERY boring world.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

JAJAJAJA-BAR
Yeah well, If I went to their office job and stood in front of the 5'8" blonde guy while he was trying to do his job. I think it would be considered inconsiderate, and quite frankly weird.

Re: How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

Troll
I just concentrate on the smog, try as minimal eye contact, when they blab i say let me finish and I'll get back to you-, we do have the yellow chain always up,and look up eo#s not in office.
still -you have the dicks

Re: How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

It's a small price to pay for the glory and honor we receive protecting the hapless public from the evil smog.

Re: How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

Iconcur
I usually ask the customer what's wrong with the car, then they say nothing and I counter with only guilty people stare like that so I will look extra hard and take extra longer. 8 out of 10 times they walk away.

Re: How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

My mommy told me I could not watch people work if I could not offer to help. So if a customer cannot help (against all rules) then I should not put them in that position. So no one watches me cause I find it my duty to make them uncomfortable. Lucky for me I am the tech, the writer and the bottle washer at my shop.:)

Re: How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

I look under the car with a mirror and flashlight and loudly exclaim "AH-HAH!" then continue the inspection.  When they go "What's wrong?"  I say "oh, nothing..."

For extra credit, you can pretend to make a note on the clipboard.

Re: How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

Skanga
tampered wrote
If this was reddit, I would give you gold for this comment.

Re: How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

tampered wrote
I look under the car with a mirror and flashlight and loudly exclaim "AH-HAH!" then continue the inspection.  When they go "What's wrong?"  I say "oh, nothing..."

For extra credit, you can pretend to make a note on the clipboard.
F**kin brilliant!  It's nice to get ideas from someone creative like yourself.  The staring isn't as bad as the "did it pass?" multiple times in one inspection.  I actually lost it with one guy who did that to me four times on an old Ford, and told him that if he didn't stop interrupting me I was going to abort the inspection.  His buddy pulled him away after we had a brief stare-down.  The POS passed.

Re: How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

nan7071
i dont like it. but been doing this for so long i dont really care.. it just gives me a reason to look even harder to find a reason to fail them....

 Never bothered me. I have nothing to hide.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

cosmokramertheassman
Great idea, tampered! I'm going to try that one next time I feel like messing with a customer.

I'm with Barry, stare all you want but don't ask me multiple times if it passed when I'm clearly still testing it!

Re: How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

Ill bet no one except Karupt cares if its a college girl in yoga pants and a tank top staring and asking stupid question.

Re: How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

if some one keeps walking to there car or hovering while i do an inspection i just stop working till they walkaway or tell them i cant have them in the service area. i have had a few people get violent wanting to be up my ass while i do the smog i just tell them to leave

Re: How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

DeadTheSTAR
I hate it. had a guy come in yesterday for a break lamp and smog inspection. dude parked his car and walked inside the shop and reclined himself on the mechanics tool box thinking hes hot shit. the mechanic quickly kicked him out. he went outside but stood right at the bay entrance getting in my way.

Re: How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Why do you guys get MAD?
Sir our "insurance" will not let you be in the work area. I cannot work on your car while you are in the work area.
PUT THE BLAME ON SOME ELSE. You are not the bad guy. The BIG BAD insurance company is.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: How do you guys feel about customers who stare at you throughout the whole test?

Yes D you are correct,I mind it very much ! If I am not busy,when I have a look loo I take this time to go to the washroom, have a snack , etc. Rude folks,didn't they know that is bad manners?