How does this make any sense ?

Karupt
Since all the star information is PUBLIC < i took time to check out a couple of stations , this one stood out the most as BAR is claiming they passed ALL of their star requirements.  First of all , station number is a random number i picked out , 241779 . It has them passing everything ,LOOK at their similar vehicle pass rate it is 2.04 percent , the standard is 6.83 percent and the state average is 9.11 percent .HOw is it that they passed ? shouldn't their similar veh. pass rate be at least the standard 6.83? to PASS? HOw is it that they passed with a 2.04 percent ? Will someone en lighten me as to how this similar vehicle pass rate works ?

Re: How does this make any sense ?

smoginstructor
It does not make any sense I have seen shop score which all pass but the overall pass is a fail.  As an instructor I can not answer that question.  Have tried asking B.A.R. since they are the ones creating this metric and they are unable to explain it to me as well.  WE are all on the same boat.

Re: How does this make any sense ?

KARUPTROUGUEOUTTACONTROL
then this would be good information for the attorney to have ! I myself will be calling Sacarameto to try and have someone explain this to me ? I wish there was a way to email these guys so we could have their answers to our questions in writing BUT THEY NEVER ANSWER OUR EMAILS , Y do you think that is ? Could it be because we get different answers from different people depending on what day of the week it is and who we talk to because it is NOT IMPORTant enough for them To give us correct answers and therefore they WANT NO PAPER TRAIL !!ANYTHING THEY SAY OVER THE PHONE IS HEARSAY IN A COURT OF LAW .

Re: How does this make any sense ?

Mark

I garan freeken teee it.........

Re: How does this make any sense ?

smoginstructor
Bar is really out of control, It seems like they have people running this program that have never done a smog check in their life.  Now that we are coming together to fight this battle, we are seeing the reality of this program, and the BAR has no idea what the hell they're doing and what they're trying to accomplish.  Lets to continue to push and make them realize that they're wrong and we are right.