How many times a year do you break down?

How many times a year do you break down?

Mark
How many days what kind of machine
and how much does it cost to get it fixed?

Averages and guesses of course.

Sun Smog machine.
$ 800 average to fix it.
Break down 4 times a year.
Down 10 days a year because of machine or related break down.
Stress level about 9

Re: How many times a year do you break down?

OceanViewTch
stress level when i break down...one machine...MOTHER FUCKER!!!!!!!

Re: How many times a year do you break down?

Well, as a previous owner, my ESP gen.2 broke down approximately six times last year. When I bought the shop , my esp was my friend, I absolutely had the best eis ,not to mention faster by about three minutes than the SPX I had before.
   Then one day BAR came and made me reinstall a box sensor and that was in last half of '12' and two months later broke down ,in '13 it went down six times, approximately 14 days of down time including being down one week before Christmas for four days and three different techs.
  Total stress level---300degrees
As a tech, now if it goes down ,which it has not,of course, would mean a day off and who doesn't,t like a day or two off?!!!

Re: How many times a year do you break down?

Karupt
Correction in 2012' it went down six times! It's only broken down twice this year

Re: How many times a year do you break down?

kfworry
BAR told ESP to REMOVE the NOX Cell in Jan. 2012.
Then this year BAR APPROVED the NOX Cell.
A BAR Engineer said they had to
"certify" the NOX Cell in their lab.
The NOX Cell prevented the NOX Bench from
failing every so many months.
Been there done that with my ESP Gen 2.

Re: How many times a year do you break down?

FRUSTRATED
About 3 times a year, minimum $500 bones a pop.  Not to mention the lost revenue of the time you are down.  But hey, BAR was proud of the machines breaking down.... eeerrrrr I mean service calls being up as we NOW give a FUC* about the maintenance of the machine per BAR.  IDIOTS AT BAR, we call for service because the machines are flawed beyond belief and in order to generate revenue we can't afford to be down.  Nothing to do with the STAR program.

Re: How many times a year do you break down?

kfworry
A BAR rep at the BAR BAG meeting last Feb.
said there was a spike in service calls for Jan. 2013.
He said he was pleased we were doing "maintenance"
on our equipment. What the "Bone Head" DID NOT realize
was that our machines were "hard broke".
I wanted to stand-up and give him a piece of my mind.
What an "educated idiot"!!

Re: How many times a year do you break down?

Citation Addict
Try being a Test Only and being down a whole week and then sum. Still waiting on my lost wages check from BAR.

   oh great ! so now BAR says its "Ok"? whatev, i'm so happy i don't have that problem anymore .!
 So KF you know exactly what a horrible ordeal that was ! We lost a lot of money because of BAR .

Re: How many times a year do you break down?

kfworry
The NOX Cell ESP installed to "fix" the NOX bench failures,
was "not certified" as part of the original ESP Gen 2
analyzer. That is why the BAR had to certify the NOX Cell
retrofit.
Someone at ESP got the message from frustrated techs like me
that we were "not happy" with the NOX bench failing all the time.
Besides ESP installed 3 or 4 NOX benches in my machine in
about 6-8 months. And I paid for ONLY one of them.

Re: How many times a year do you break down?

Karup
I also only paid for one, about a grand and at least two grand in lost revenue. I had one last 88days,warranty iwas90 days,oh somebody woulda needed reconstructive ear and nose surgery if it warranty expired on the fourth bench!

Re: How many times a year do you break down?

locopoco
Currently WW machine test only and with no warranty(today if I want to get warranty the total is gonna cost me almost 10 grand).Every Monday and Wednesday during calibration my stress level is spiking to insane levels.every time the machine breaks down I'm in for a ride driven by their shot gun parts changing service techs.I hate the system and their monopoly,and that's why I like the way these new DAD has been setup,off the shelf electronics.