How much are you guys paying smog tech?? I can't keep them for long.

How much are you guys paying smog tech?? I can't keep them for long.

Lili
This post was updated on .

I treat techs with respect, no yelling, no rushing, no screaming, nothing.

From what I can see the pattern goes like this,  When the tech does 15 to 20 cars a day they feel the shop is not a relax place to stay and quits.

I am going to try base pay plus bonus to pump the pay to $35 an hour.

Let see if that works out.

Re: How much are you guys paying smog tech?? I can't keep them for long.

No One
Lili wrote
From what I can see the pattern goes like this,  When the tech does 15 to 20 cars a day they feel the shop is not a relax place to stay and quits.

I am going to try base pay plus bonus to pump the pay to $35 an hour.

Let see if that works out.
hire me and ill even make sure that your customer bathroom toilet stays calcium stain free.

Re: How much are you guys paying smog tech?? I can't keep them for long.

SmogAce
Lili wrote
I treat techs with respect, no yelling, no rushing, no screaming, nothing.

From what I can see the pattern goes like this,  When the tech does 15 to 20 cars a day they feel the shop is not a relax place to stay and quits.

I am going to try base pay plus bonus to pump the pay to $35 an hour.

Let see if that works out.
You have to give them an incentive to work hard! I pay my techs a base salary per day and an additional 10 dollars per car, after they do the first 10. so if a tech does 20 cars for the day, he gets his base salary, plus an additional 100 dollars for that day. My guys pull commission almost every day ranging from an additional 70 to 150 dollars a day.  If you just pay them a shitty salary and give them no incentive to work hard, they will have no loyalty and may refuse to work on certain vehicles. I also give them 15 additional dollars for motorhomes.

Good help is hard to find. I have 2 shops and just had to let a guy go for showing up late every day. That's why I am back doing smog's myself 6 days a week and participating in these discussions more