How much is the citation

CAsmog
How much is the citation to technician and shop, if you get caught with UC,  ( just curious)

Re: How much is the citation

No One
$1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,020.00

Re: How much is the citation

Knitpickens
THE first one is 500.00 then it goes up to 1k.

Re: How much is the citation

Evil Morty
owners gets a fine too 1k i believe
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: How much is the citation

CAsmog

Re: How much is the citation

Re: How much is the citation

CAsmog
This time u make little sense. @Troll

Re: How much is the citation

I am the shop owner and not the tech that got the citations but the first cost me $1,000 and the second was $2,000 and I got a two month STAR suspension.

I don't know what the tech fines are or how much the "training" is.

Re: How much is the citation

Re: How much is the citation

Troll, I don't care if you want to snark at other members here, but your constant berating of people asking questions is working my last nerve. I'm sorry if questions that don't meet your expectations are bothering you, but there isn't a single one of us that gets to set and enforce them. Read the "about" page.
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: How much is the citation

CAsmog
I use all my sources to look up Answer to my questions.
@troll
(List of sources I have)

1. Stop the star program website ( techs with ton of knowledge) except troll

2. Ecs book

3. Alldata

4. Google

You shouldn’t be telling people what to use and what not to .

If you know the answer just share with other techs, I don’t mind you criticizing, but you don’t share your knowledge. You just criticizing and not sharing the answer, it is not helpful. Some of my questions seem simple to you, because you been doing smogs for ur whole life,

Re: How much is the citation

none
Up until about fifteen years ago BAR used to mail out the quarterly newsletter that listed at the back who got busted and how much they had to pay. Then the guy who took over at BAR for a short term got rid of that because it seemed like it was all us-against-them rather than working together for better air quality in California. Now you can find online who gut a citation under the "enforcement" tab but it does not list the amount anymore.

Re: How much is the citation

 depend on the severity of the situation, and typically both the station owner and that the technician get citations. Last year one of my technicians guy citation and all he had to do was take a class. But another place I used to work at got a citation and it was $5,000

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020, 9:02 AM CAsmog [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
How much is the citation to technician and shop, if you get caught with UC,  ( just curious)

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/How-much-is-the-citation-tp5081986.html

Re: How much is the citation

 Well you did it again. Pissed off a guy who has been more successful than most of us will ever be.

 CA  You really needed to learn and listen. Troll has more knowledge of this than most. He worked with the BAR on some of this crap.
You need to go back to school and LEARN. The LAST place you look for knowledge is this site. You tell BAR that you got your info from this site, they will laugh their asses off.
Printed, BLACK and WHITE info is all they want to see. The label under the hood is number 1. Books and LAST, this site and then you pray you can get a straight usable answer.

 Troll is not the problem it is guys like you that will not take the time to look things up. The fines are on the BAR web page. It is put on the BAR Blast about it going up years ago. The question about the VW? Hell that has been asked and answer many times.. So when you tell us you tried to look it up, those of use who do KNOW, Know you never did.

 Troll and I E mail each other. D is gone for the same reason. I would be gone to except for the fact that I am TO and BORED out of my mind I WOULD BE GONE. This to me is entertainment. Some thing to do rather than computer games.

 Tampered, Now you know why MR Barry is gone. My thinking? CA DESERVED everything Troll threw at him. Instead of think and looking for the answer he wants us to do the work for him.

 CA, Troll didn't share his knowledge? He shared more than you KNOW. He told you to think, look things up. Things that ALL of use who have the KNOWLEDGE DID.

To be fair,Ive been smogging for about 9 months, and even I find your questions inane. They are so overly basic,one has to wonder where you paid to get  your smog license.....

To be fair,Ive been smogging for about 9 months, and even I find your questions inane. They are so overly basic,one has to wonder where you paid to get  your smog license.....
The best teacher is fucking up

Re: How much is the citation

none
So if we aren't going to help each other and answer the questions we can why are we here? Is it still JUST to try to stop the STAR program?

Re: How much is the citation

CAsmog
I’m not gonna waste my time arguing, think whatever the hell you guys wana think,@ those who discouraging new techs to not ask question. I really don’t know the purpose of this forum now?

Re: How much is the citation

444O444
in fact everyone tries to help you in this form. You will understand it little later.

Re: How much is the citation

kinhunter
one thing i remember is when i first started as mechanic i used to ask other mechanics but i never learned much until i started checking things my self.  then later as i got more experience i was being asked by other mechanics about many things.  they would just do what was told to do but they never checked thing them selves.  they would ask about same things many times because they never learned.
12