Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

Comments, critiques, suggestions, jokes, anyone?

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

FiendFX
Needs a new catalytic converter

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

hello
Looks like there's a good chance it'll pass now

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

defective
Upsell a Toyota 22RE engine swap.

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

none
defective wrote
Upsell a Toyota 22RE engine swap.
That way it will fail every time?

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

defective
Dreams do come true!

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

Voltron
Looks like the Pontiac fiero gt ferrari kit

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

FiendFX
That's correct..

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

wow , that guy must have emotional ties to his clunker .

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

benzene
That is a tough one.

Maybe suggest the customer check out similar trucks with fewer smog troubles?
Many other Dakotas are for sale in the nearby area.

Sometimes I tell about the state's buyback program worth $1000 or even $1500, and highlight the contact #s on the Bar97 vehicle report. The sign about it is posted on the shop's wall also. (What does an owner get paid who just drives their old clunker truck into a salvage yard? I heard the price of steel these days is down.)

.91dakota 91dakota_history

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

I spent a little time with it, and found a loose throttle body, a stuck-open purge solenoid, a cracked EGR vacuum line, and an over-active EGR valve (the orifice washer is gone).  We're waiting for the purge solenoid to come in on Monday, and give it a go.  I don't talk to customers much, but I get the feeling that this truck is just going to be driven until it won't drive anymore ... some car owners are just that way, including me to a certain extent.  My poor little Kia clutch is slipping more and more, and the front wheel bearings are howling like banshees, but I'll probably just stay off the freeway until I can get to it this Summer.  Heck, maybe I'll even change the oil and filter this year!

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

1bbroygb
Idea for Barry:

Tell him for $100 today he can come back next Friday and you guarantee it will pass. When he shows up say "April Fools!"

(Next Friday is April first)

I think he'll appreciate the fact you went through all that trouble to future prank him!

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

Too late ... I already polished and passed that tired old Dakota.  I know I left my FuPR hanging out, but I don't think I'll be worried about that in two years anyway, so fukkit.  At least it didn't IGS me this time.

Re: Hurray! This turd just stumbled in for polishing.

That's got to be some freaking record! Could be the result of free retests done to backyard mechanics.

JM