Hybred

justa
Banned User

Re: Hybred

FiendFX
I don't check monitors on Hybrids with the aftermarket scanners. It causes the VSC to stay on. Best bet is to use the BAR-97 to check for monitors. Tip of the day..

Re: Hybred

just another shop owner wrote
Hey start checking and put down the amount of "Monitors a hybred has.

 We had a hybred. 1 monitor only Comp comp.

 Wait, don't they burn gasoline? The gas cap never goes bad? the engine can't misfire? Lexus
I would guess the scanner you used didn't give you the option to chose a certain generic controller on the vehicle you're testing.

This is a 2015 Toyota Prius.  My generic Android scanner, ScanMaster Lite, gave me the choice to hook up to one of two controllers.   On the left is the controller you probably hooked up to.  On the right, you can see all of the supported monitors in the engine PCM.   There is no EGR valve on this platform, it uses VVT to control exhaust gas recirculation.