I don't know why this is.

Citation Addict
Why is OIS limited to 2000 and newer, why not 1996 and newer? Why not dyno test pre OBD2 vehicles? It just puzzles me as to why this is.

Re: I don't know why this is.

Karupt
Because the smog lords said so and you should not be in awe or puzzled .What they say goes ,it is their field we just get to take a couple of turds on it once in awhile . In the future they will add 1996 and newer to OIS , so don't be surprised when they do .

Re: I don't know why this is.

I don't know for sure but I think that the VIN is generally readable through OBDII on 2000 and newer plus there are many 96-99 that aren't fully OBDII compliant. Look at a Ford Ranger for example. It has an evap monitor that only checks for purge flow, no leak check.

Re: I don't know why this is.

Because they said so...

Re: I don't know why this is.

Monkey
I heard they are looking at OIS doing back to 1996 and 1995 and older getting a TSI test. The Dyno would be out of the picture if this goes thru..

Re: I don't know why this is.

kfworry
Let's face it gentleman, the "state" wants the older vehicles OFF the road!!
They have a feeling they will fail tailpipe.