I have a shop that puts on o2 sensor spacers

I have a shop that puts on o2 sensor spacers

bo2o
I have a shop that puts it on to complete monitors and pulls them right before a test. How should I go about this problem?

Caught them a few times.

Re: I have a shop that puts on o2 sensor spacers

No One
bo2o wrote

Caught them a few times.
Are there pending codes? I punt all cars with pending codes and evap monitor incomplete. Remember that resetting a cars computer for smog is considered forcing a malfunctioning vehicle to pass and will affect your star score. I simply tell them that and they will not even argue you since it is true.

Re: I have a shop that puts on o2 sensor spacers

bo2o
No pending codes. Evap imcomplete. What if everything is complete? Would you let it slide ?
Should I put silicone on the sensor and tell them to keep driving ?

This shop has tried knock sensors mounted away from block also.

Tired of them.

Re: I have a shop that puts on o2 sensor spacers

none
It's up to you how bad you want the money but I think a shop like that will always be trying BS (like remounting the knock sensor). I would get rid of them.

I would tell them you are too busy and they need to drop the car off and you will text them when you get it done. It may not be today. They will soon go somewhere else. I do that to get rid of the bottom feeder customers.

Re: I have a shop that puts on o2 sensor spacers

bo2o wrote
No pending codes. Evap imcomplete. What if everything is complete? Would you let it slide ?
Should I put silicone on the sensor and tell them to keep driving ?

This shop has tried knock sensors mounted away from block also.

Tired of them.
I require that all monitors be set if they want to smog at my shop. If the evap monitor sets and they show up with all monitors and no pending codes, then I go ahead and do it. For guys like that, I would refuse straight up to smog it if it had pending codes and all monitors done.

And its like NONE said. If you want the money, than test it. For me its not worth it if I have to deal with appealing for my star status because cars like that

Charge more, be happy.

Re: I have a shop that puts on o2 sensor spacers

bo2o
thanks for quick replys.

i dont want my score going down or my shop being questioned when these cars go to other shops and fail.

its a used car dealer.