I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

xcinlb
With turkey day coming, coupled with rain, at least rain here in socal. Add Black Friday crazy day and we have a recipe for slowwwww days. As I recall, some of you guys close on Friday after Thanksgiving ? We will close early, but not all day.

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

user7112
Its so slow i'll take that bet lol
I NEED MONEY

just kidding

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

Lose weight
Fri is usually very busy for us. Last week was the slowest of the year so far.
From fat to buff. Healthy diet and exercising is not expensive it takes will!

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

No One
Lose weight wrote
Fri is usually very busy for us. Last week was the slowest of the year so far.
Black Friday always seem to bring in ppl. This November has also been one of my best ones up to date.

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

Lose weight wrote
Fri is usually very busy for us...
I couldn't tell you what it's like here on the Friday after Thanksgiving. In my 15 years of business I've never been open on that Friday.

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

We are still scheduled for two weeks out

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019, 9:08 AM xcinlb [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
With turkey day coming, coupled with rain, at least rain here in socal. Add Black Friday crazy day and we have a recipe for slowwwww days. As I recall, some of you guys close on Friday after Thanksgiving ? We will close early, but not all day.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/I-m-Betting-This-Week-Will-Be-Slower-tp5077563.html

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

Hard Nox
Slammed today Monday.
Off to a slow start in the morning. As soon the late sleepers woke up they didn't let up. Everybody and their brother there at lunch time.
Non Stop all day.
Good stuff to Clunkers from all sides and everywhere all day.

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

xcinlb
Oddly enough, what seems to be slow as molasses, we are up from last years November, but down for the whole year. Last year we had a strong June, July & August. Hopefully, my bet will be wrong, because we had a busy Monday, lets see how it holds up. Rain usually kills us and it coming tomorrow.

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

Newbiesmogtech
Had a busy 2 days so far should offset my time if i decide to close up shop for long weekend. Hoping tomorrow continues the trend even with expected showers. Hopefully machine wont crap out with the increased humidity

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

Been nothing but tumbleweeds rolling up to my shop this whole week. Anyone closing up for next week? I'm prob going to close up for two weeks after the 24th.

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

scanner
No One wrote
Been nothing but tumbleweeds rolling up to my shop this whole week. Anyone closing up for next week? I'm prob going to close up for two weeks after the 24th.
I'll probably close early Christmas eve.  I'll return on the 2nd.

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

805smogtech
get two paid holidays over the next few weeks, christmas and new years. besides that normal hours all the other days

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

Evaponly818

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

scanner
Evaponly818 wrote
scanner wrote
No One wrote
Been nothing but tumbleweeds rolling up to my shop this whole week. Anyone closing up for next week? I'm prob going to close up for two weeks after the 24th.
I'll probably close early Christmas eve.  I'll return on the 2nd.
Are you a test and repair? I can’t see test only shops doing this
I'm a T&R.  I'd starve if my income relied on smog inspections.   I do a lot of emission repairs.   I run a lot of monitors.  I get a lot of referrals from the local TOs.

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

Evaponly818

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

Evaponly818 wrote
scanner wrote
No One wrote
Been nothing but tumbleweeds rolling up to my shop this whole week. Anyone closing up for next week? I'm prob going to close up for two weeks after the 24th.
I'll probably close early Christmas eve.  I'll return on the 2nd.
Are you a test and repair? I can’t see test only shops doing this
Im test only and im doing this. Customers hardly ever come in during this this time. So im taking this slow time to take two weeks off. I do this every year. Going to spend time with family and shit. And I usually save up for this time of the year cause I know it sucks financially

I let my test and repair license expire, been thinking about doing brake and light inspections.

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

444O444
yep, two third of a month  passed by and i couldn't put the rent and minimum wage for myself together yet.

little bit of topic, most likely will be selling my beloved e36 m3  with 115k onit on  january.

if anybody  interested please let me know. not going to sell for cheap,  not that desperate yet :)

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

Evaponly818 wrote
Yea we’re starving over here. Need to hit the books ASAP refresh my mind to go take the test and repair state test. Took the class this past summer
Sadly T&R's in my area pay garbage so I'm TO till I find a decent one that better offer healthcare
From fat to buff. Healthy diet and exercising is not expensive it takes will!

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

No One wrote
... So im taking this slow time to take two weeks off. I do this every year. Going to spend time with family and shit. And I usually save up for this time of the year cause I know it sucks financially...
I like how you think. I'm taking a week off in April when I think it will be slow.

Of course I'm not driving an M3 either.

Re: I'm Betting This Week Will Be Slower

xcinlb
Slow as molasses here too. I just don't get why this year it's slow. January usually picks up, hopefully this January won't be an anomaly as far as customers numbers. Throwing salt on the wound, is higher amount coupons because all the dip shits around me, like to play, race to the bottom on pricing.
12