I need a cardboard cutout of myself for customers to yell at when I have to use the bathroom

I need a cardboard cutout of myself for customers to yell at when I have to use the bathroom

His_Stigness
So I run a test only shop by myself. So that means, OCCASIONALLY, I'm not in the office to greet customers as soon as they walk in. OCCASIONALLY, I have to use the bathroom.

Earlier this morning after I finished a car and I thought I was clear I went to the bathroom. I come back and this lady comes in bitching that she was "standing here forever yelling for help and no one was here." I apologized and told her I was in the bathroom. Her response was, "UGH! Well... I need a smog!" I helped her out and she was on her way. But while I was doing her car I checked the cameras and she waited all of three minutes.

THE HORROR!

Re: I need a cardboard cutout of myself for customers to yell at when I have to use the bathroom

SmogAce
number 1 or number 2?

Re: I need a cardboard cutout of myself for customers to yell at when I have to use the bathroom

smog frogposter
Every damn time. I don't know what it is, but this sort of thing also happens with the shop compressor. It turns on in the worst times and stays running for minutes making it difficult to use the phone or speak with a customer. The worst part about customers is that they also seem to come in as soon as you take a first bite of your delicious meal and you have to stop and let it get cold, reheat, take a bite, and stop again.

Re: I need a cardboard cutout of myself for customers to yell at when I have to use the bathroom

At least the lady didn't just pull up in front of the bay door and sit in the car a honk the horn until you came out to her. I've had that before. It really puts me in a great mood when someone treats me like a servant.

Re: I need a cardboard cutout of myself for customers to yell at when I have to use the bathroom

smog frogposter wrote
Customer seem to love coming in during the universal lunch hour and act surprise too. They wait if I just took a bite of my meal or am mid way. Lunch time is lunch time and a customer can fuck go themselves if that upsets them.

Re: I need a cardboard cutout of myself for customers to yell at when I have to use the bathroom

It really puts me in a great mood when someone treats me like a servant.
They act like they are your boss just because you work for their money.

Re: I need a cardboard cutout of myself for customers to yell at when I have to use the bathroom

Evil Morty
i treat customers the same exact way they treat me. the customers isnt always right!
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: I need a cardboard cutout of myself for customers to yell at when I have to use the bathroom

His_Stigness
smog frogposter wrote
Every damn time. I don't know what it is, but this sort of thing also happens with the shop compressor. It turns on in the worst times and stays running for minutes making it difficult to use the phone or speak with a customer. The worst part about customers is that they also seem to come in as soon as you take a first bite of your delicious meal and you have to stop and let it get cold, reheat, take a bite, and stop again.
I solved that problem a while ago by getting this nifty mini crock pot. It heats up my food in a few hours and it's a fresh meal every time. So if someone walks in and acts surprised that everyone takes a lunch, I can just plug the crock pot back in and have it keep it warm.

https://www.amazon.com/Crock-Pot-Lunch-Crock-Food-Warmer/dp/B006H5V8QW/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=mini%2Bcrock%2Bpot&qid=1607620630&sr=8-2&th=1

Re: I need a cardboard cutout of myself for customers to yell at when I have to use the bathroom

His_Stigness
At least the lady didn't just pull up in front of the bay door and sit in the car a honk the horn until you came out to her. I've had that before. It really puts me in a great mood when someone treats me like a servant.
I had that happen at my old shop. When that happened I was suddenly deaf. Fuck that kind of person.

Re: I need a cardboard cutout of myself for customers to yell at when I have to use the bathroom

The instant gratification generation doesn't want to wait for anything

 I used to run a solo test only operation myself and feel your pain. You can't make everybody happy