I remember a few months back i had a customer that had a cousin who owns a muffle shop.

I remember a few months back i had a customer that had a cousin who owns a muffle shop.

RAYMOND323
he changed the cat just to pass smog,once i passed it he tells me great now i can go back to my cousin and put the old cat back.Now what happens if he sells that car with the old cat , is it in my control BAR that customer is doing what the hell he wants to his car after it passes,this star program is not real world its computer generated rigged BS

Re: I remember a few months back i had a customer that had a cousin who owns a muffle shop.

sandman
same thing with the illegal air intakes,  you tell the costumers to put the original back on, and when then get home, you know what they'll do, put the aftermarket one back on.

Re: I remember a few months back i had a customer that had a cousin who owns a muffle shop.

Accused
We all of have stories of customers doing illegal stuff that ends up affecting us.  The point is that vehicle owners are not being held accountable for their actions.  If they bring the car to me and it's legal - it passes.  Period.

If some used car lot brings cars to me and I am totally fair in my inspections it doesn't change the fact that the car is a pile of crap.  If that POS passes my inspection - it is legal.  Regardless of if it falls apart later. - not my problem, don't grade me on it.

BAR jumps to the conclusion that if I smog cars for a dealer that I am some piece of crap colluding with them to defraud the public when the opposite is true.  For a dealer to sell a car that I (or my employees) have smogged, it has to pass a legal test.  This is how I help dealers - I make sure their cars are legal - even if they are crap.

This is a needed role in our industry and BAR shits on us for it.  Those of us that honestly do this for dealers should be rewarded not punished.

As a side note - I have found that the crooked dealers have no interest in dealing with me because I won't bend the rules for them.

Re: I remember a few months back i had a customer that had a cousin who owns a muffle shop.

just another shop owner
 Had a guy put the stuff back on in the parking lot.

Re: I remember a few months back i had a customer that had a cousin who owns a muffle shop.

kilativ
just another shop owner wrote
Had a guy put the stuff back on in the parking lot.
 Same here. young kids were swapping cold air intake from one car, to the car being tested, after it passed they swapped it back.