I suspect some shady tactics

Kriss Vector

Re: I suspect some shady tactics

none
Kriss Vector wrote
-incentive to fail cars since he does not charge for fails
 That doesn't make any sense to me.

Re: I suspect some shady tactics

Able
Fail cars for higher Star points

Re: I suspect some shady tactics

Peter
Able
Fail Cars will not help you with your FPuR. Any car you pass should not fail in next cycle(2 years).
Nowadays new smog inspectors failing cars thinking that it will bring their score up. They are just hurting the smog tech or station who pass 2 years ago.
Thanks

Re: I suspect some shady tactics

Kriss Vector

Re: I suspect some shady tactics

none
If he doesn't charge for fails but intentionally fails cars, he needs to reexamine his business plan. he is working for FREE intentionally.

He would make better money NOT being STAR.

Re: I suspect some shady tactics

There is a twisted logic to this.  If you fail cars relentlessly and mercilessly, you are lowering the FuPR scores of others, thereby lowering the FuPR curve and raising yourself by default ... at long as you don't get stomped by any other "techs" with the same intent.

It's kind of like that character flaw I have noticed in some others, where they try to sabotage the attitudes of those around them in an attempt to feel better about themselves.

Re: I suspect some shady tactics

Best Answer I Can Give
 THANKS Sheri. Years back this WOULD NOT OF HAPPENED.

 The old PR see you twice, three times a year thing. THEY WOULD JUMP YOUR CASE. They KNEW and they called you on it. They did me. We missed just 1 and they called me on it.

 Who knows why they are doing it, but they need their hands slapped.

Re: I suspect some shady tactics

Kriss ,i understand the incentive to fail cars that are no pass no pay very well ! You don't have the stress  from  the customer when they fail . But in no way is ok to fail cars on purpose to boost up their SVFR !

Re: I suspect some shady tactics

After 2 years following a fresh start, the majority of cars I test are cars I previously tested. Our invoicing system makes it easy to see what's what.  If I were so inclined, I could easily raise my score and lower the score of other techs.  Quite often, cars I previously passed fail for monitors and codes. I could pre-screen and have them repair it / run it.  I do 3 minutes of 2500 and 1 minute of idle on every ASM I do.  I could restrict that practice to cars I previously passed.

I'm confident I could be running in the .8-.9 range.  I'm at .4 something and that's higher than I expected...I knew you'd be impressed!

My point is, I want to see the FPR of cars tested by the same tech compared cars tested by different techs.
If it ain't broke, break it.