I think I just got a citation

Citation Addict
2 notices for cerified mail letter. One showed up at the station and one at my home. Wont know until tommorrow. I may not have a job next week.

Re: I think I just got a citation

Re: I think I just got a citation

locopoco
Oh man,what a way to start the weekend.
I hope its not what you think.Best of luck.

Re: I think I just got a citation

Mark
Bplacke wrote
2 notices for cerified mail letter. One showed up at the station and one at my home. Wont know until tommorrow. I may not have a job next week.
Sorry to hear that man. Hope it's something else. You do still have months of
appeal time to figure out what to do if it does turn out to be a BAR Tax bill.

Re: I think I just got a citation

A first, second and third citation notice comes from a BAR field office.
Should someone get "dinged" with a fourth UC,
then all bets are off and the district attorney notifies you with court papers.
If that is the case you need to retain an attorney that represents smog techs
to save your license from revocation.
Keep us informed.

Re: I think I just got a citation

Mark
As I understand they changed that. There are no citation levels anymore.
Not sure, but heard that from a number of different sources.

Re: I think I just got a citation

Don't sign anything from BAR!  If they say, "sign here and you can re-apply for your license in a year" don't do it!  You can re-apply in a year by law, and if you sign, you're admitting guilt and making things worse!

But perhaps it's something else in the mail anyway. I hope so!
If it ain't broke, break it.

Re: I think I just got a citation

Look at the citations paid in July 2013.
It shows amounts of $1,000, $1,500 and $3,000,
which would be level one, level two and level three.

Re: I think I just got a citation

Contesting a BAR citation is NOT the right decision.
The BAR has got ALL their bases covered, you will NOT
prevail in a court of law.

Re: I think I just got a citation

Man I hate those letters ,made me knoxious and panic stricken ,did not know wether to barf or crap.
   However, Bplake, I do think it is something other as I have never heard of certified letter sent to our personal home address from bar with the special invitation to a field office.
   Like Barry said keep your head up , I got. Letter from BAR other day and my guts sank to  my feet, I opened it quickly and it was a refund check for 400.00$
  Anyway, hope it turns out it is a license renewal or something.

Re: I think I just got a citation

kfworry
A license renewal DOES NOT come by certified mail.
BAR court papers from the District Attorney always
come by certified mail.

Re: I think I just got a citation

Mark I also heard the same thing, no levels and Bar can impose any amount they want on citations. This was part of the star right?

Re: I think I just got a citation

Mark
karuptrougeouttacontrol wrote
Mark I also heard the same thing, no levels and Bar can impose any amount they want on citations. This was part of the star right?
I am not sure but I heard the same thing. The limit was raised to 5,000 max
per run and fines based on how many things the tech overlooked. Egr, timing
could be 1500. Egr, timing, gas cap, paperwork, consumer fraud up to 5000.

Re: I think I just got a citation

KeepItReal
karuptrougeouttacontrol wrote
I have never heard of certified letter sent to our personal home address from bar with the special invitation to a field office.

Me either,

I think that might be because the bar is starting to give citations out to techs.

Before the station had to pay the fine and the tech only had to pay for the class.
Now the station and the tech gets a fine, and the tech pays for the class.

Re: I think I just got a citation

GrossPolluter
Sorry to hear this. I know the feeling when getting that Certified mail. I hate to break the news to you but it most likely will be a citation letter.

If I was in your shoes, I would Appeal even though I know you will not prevail in court. This will just keep you and your employer in business until they prosecute you.

It will take BAR awhile(at least 6 months) to process paper work and take action. That was my mistake when I received a citation. I felt guilty, accepted the citation and I was out of work immediately. I wish you best in what ever you chose to do use.