If they don't announce hard start on Monday.

If they don't announce hard start on Monday.

Mark
It ain't going to be Jan 1st, since we are supposed to get 30 days notice.

Re: If they don't announce hard start on Monday.

FRUSTRATED
Mark, I think it is supposed to be a 60 day notice after the soft launch date.  I'm still anxiously waiting to see what gets resolved from the $1000 WW update fee that the BAR extended the lock out till January 5th.

Re: If they don't announce hard start on Monday.

April Fools' Day ... I've been telling y'all ...

barrym95838
EO/EI144107

Re: If they don't announce hard start on Monday.

They still need to work on their end to make sure their server can handle the load before posting up the official dates.

EO/EI144107
LOL

Re: If they don't announce hard start on Monday.

Mark wrote
It ain't going to be Jan 1st, since we are supposed to get 30 days notice.
A Worldwide salesman came into my shop on Wednesday trying to sell me their DAD.   I showed him my IMClean and informed him I've been performing tests since beta started for DrewTech statewide.

He said that there should be a BAR Blast on December 12 informing us when the Hard Start will begin.   I assume that's why he's out in the field pushing his product.  So maybe 60 days from that date?

I asked him why is his company holding the owners of their BAR97 platform hostage by requiring them to purchase their DAD or pay $1000?   He said he's in the sales department and has nothing to do with that requirement.   It was managements decision to do that.    He then asked, "How did you know about that?"

I told him you're pissing a lot of people off, and that's not the right way of selling your product.  I told him I saw him in Brea where they had the first presentation of any DAD, and they turned me off to their product.  They were pushing their complete solution, and if you didn't get it, no one was going to help you make it work. You're on your own.  I told him you guys really know how to turn people off from your product.

Re: If they don't announce hard start on Monday.

deviationmaster
BAR is out doing statio n equipment audits. I believe once they are almost done, hard start date will be announced

Re: If they don't announce hard start on Monday.

kfworry
I do not see how Audits and a Hard Start date are related.
The Audit is for the BAR 97, NOT the OIS DAD.

Re: If they don't announce hard start on Monday.

fedx said

I am not sure how they can make any true determination if there system can handle it, since it has been so slow everywhere.

Re: If they don't announce hard start on Monday.

kfworry
The last BAR blast states "early 2015".
So don't come up with an assumed
OIS DAD hard start date.
Thank you

Re: If they don't announce hard start on Monday.

I wasn't assuming ... I was just throwing my chip down on April 1 for fun.  I know that I won't win anything except bragging rights if I'm right ... in fact, none of us will win, and air quality will lose, IMNSHO.

barrym95838
EO/EI144107

Re: If they don't announce hard start on Monday.

Karupt
 i personally don't care when the "hard" start date is , right now we still have options and those are good , so carry on Bar .

Re: If they don't announce hard start on Monday.

Hybirds are being pushed back to Spring 2015, hard start will be released until then.

Re: If they don't announce hard start on Monday.

kfworry
I knew you were just making a funny comment of the OIS DAD situation Barry.
I was talking about someone else on this forum regarding a hard start date
statement.
My customers are stunned when I inform them the Tailpipe Emissions Test will go away with
"Plug & Play".

Re: If they don't announce hard start on Monday.

cosmokramertheassman
Generally, my customers aren't happy with the program change. Even they know the BAR is taking a step back by cutting tailpipe testing on 2000+ vehicles.

Re: If they don't announce hard start on Monday.

kfworry
Exactly, but a BAR Rep in the Hercules office has been waiting for OIS DAD.
He's now at headquarters, even so it shows how ignorant some of the BAR Reps
are.