Incorrect Gear Accuracy Tips

xcinlb
I have a few employees, that keep slipping on the dyno, too low of rpm or too high, especially with DIS. This of course, can be detrimental in the STAR scores. Any tips on how some of you guys never get dinged on incorrect gear section of test? They also mention that the screen blacks out at the last few seconds? Excuse? Sounds like it to me.

Re: Incorrect Gear Accuracy Tips

Re: Incorrect Gear Accuracy Tips

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=4339904&query=overshoot&n=4339904

There is no such thing as a deviation for RPM too low, unless it turns into an abort.

Re: Incorrect Gear Accuracy Tips

Decker

Re: Incorrect Gear Accuracy Tips

Re: Incorrect Gear Accuracy Tips

FiendFX
D, you put it in 2nd gear to run the ASM on automatics? Also, you cannot get dinged for having low rpms.

Re: Incorrect Gear Accuracy Tips

I have some dings for IGS but not enough to put me over the limit. I don't do anything special. When our scores first came out I was in bad shape but I would often up-shift to third on a manual trans and I would often have it entered as a automatic(default) when it was a manual.

Re: Incorrect Gear Accuracy Tips

FiendFX wrote
you cannot get dinged for having low rpms.
I guess my up-shifting wasn't an issue.

Re: Incorrect Gear Accuracy Tips

Re: Incorrect Gear Accuracy Tips

Re: Incorrect Gear Accuracy Tips

The point is your IGS incidents.

Re: Incorrect Gear Accuracy Tips

SPX does have a learning curve to it.

Re: Incorrect Gear Accuracy Tips

Re: Incorrect Gear Accuracy Tips

xcinlb
So the consensus is, test in 2nd and 3rd, keeping rpm's low or overshoot to 3000 to shift down? It seems some do it by the book, and some don't and get the same results. My tech keeps stating that by doing it by the book, is the right way. It may be the right way, but if getting dinged, then it doesn't matter. It's a pisser that most must do it the wrong way and thats how the stats have built up.

So I'm thinking keeping rpms low and shift up to 3rd and back off when possible?

Re: Incorrect Gear Accuracy Tips

none
I haven't been up-shifting to third anymore unless the RPM is too high. My "incorrect gear selection" dings are really low now.

My biggest improvement has come from double checking that manual transmission cars are not in as automatics.

Re: Incorrect Gear Accuracy Tips

xcinlb
Thanks None