Inspector License Renewal

Technician A
Is there a new update training module from the BAR? I only see the 3.0 which was done 2 years ago.

Re: Inspector License Renewal

Kevin
unknown

On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 2:59 PM Technician A [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a new update training module from the BAR? I only see the 3.0 which was done 2 years ago.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Inspector-License-Renewal-tp5082689.html

Kevin Casillas

Re: Inspector License Renewal

I think it always says 3.0 https://bartraining.articulate-online.com/ContentRegistration.aspx?DocumentID=484ce9d7-1737-4fd1-9fff-eca0071be661&Cust=80672&ReturnUrl=/p/8067288778

I swear it was the same the last two times I've taken it.

Re: Inspector License Renewal

none
I guess one time I took it it was 2.1 and then 3.0 but I would log into the CAL ARC page and click on "update training" and take it from there if you are renewing soon. https://www.californiaarc.org/

Re: Inspector License Renewal

dcf1ver
none wrote
Will the CalArc page show if youve done the 3.0 training already?

Re: Inspector License Renewal

none
dcf1ver wrote
Will the CalArc page show if youve done the 3.0 training already?
It shows I've done 3.0 in Feb 2019. I swear it was the same video as 2017.

Re: Inspector License Renewal

Technician A
My history on Calarc also shows I did the 3.0 update 2 years ago. I don't want to waste my time doing it again if that is not what the BAR will accept.

Re: Inspector License Renewal

nanz1414
i renewed my inspector lic in oct i believe it was the same update

Re: Inspector License Renewal

Hard Nox
The last time I took my 16hr update the instructor told us that the same 4hr update can be taken again for credit.  The 16hr update must be a different course every time.

You must have a valid course within the 2yr license term that you apply for.

4hrs for the Inspector License

16hrs for the Repair License   + A6  A8  L1

So far I have not had to repeat the same 4hr course. This may be the year to test that out if BAR can not come up with a new update.  Seems weak to me on their end.

Re: Inspector License Renewal

Technician A
F it. I just did the 3.0 update and sent in my renewal application. Hope they accept it.

The funny thing is my friend also did the update but his CALarc history doesn't show it. My history shows I did it but with the wrong date of Dec 2020. I did it in Jan 2021.

Re: Inspector License Renewal

Technician A
Both of my license are expired today. Calling and leaving messages gets no response. They don't reply to emails also. Going to the local office tomorrow and see what's up.