Interesting article !

locopoco
By a retired BAR employee whom some of you might know.
http://www.brucehotchkiss.net/2017/09/california-smog-inspection-is-joke.html

I agree with the rooting out the bad stations but man! the way he did it, going in to Car shows and weekend gatherings to get info on the souped up cars were snarky.

Re: Interesting article !

D Rochells 150861
Some BAR reps wish they were cops. Going to car shows is pretty efficient though.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Interesting article !

Not many bar reps get washed out. You really gotta be a dope to f up that gravy train. I know of 1 sherman klump type. (not african american)  fat and lazy
Now I have heard all time of shop owners/techs who could not make it in the real world become bar reps.
and dont let the bar reps try to convince you that they are your friend.
Just the opposite.
1 exception.
the rest of them- all jerkoffs.

Re: Interesting article !

In the article he is assuming that everyone modifies their car for more performance if they are not required to smog test it. I think the actual numbers are small and the impact on air quality is too minor to justify a change.

He talks about going to car shows but doesn't mention the old cars that have newer cleaner engines in them. I like 1968-72 Chevy C10s. I see plenty that have new fuel injected LS motors in them that I'm sure burn way cleaner than the old Quadrajet 350s.

How about the old carburated Jeeps that now have FI 4.0L engines? My old 1969 Land Cruiser has a TBI 5.7L that burns way less fuel and far cleaner than the old 235ci 6cyl.

I am wondering if a Ford flat head with an up draft carburetor even burns cleaner than a blown Chevy 350.

Re: Interesting article !

Best Answer I Can Give
 Looks like to me the guy doesn't work for the BAR anymore is, he was trying to make a difference.  HE WAS MAKING WAVES.
Just like MR Barry. Not afraid to call Bull Shit.

 One thing he has in his article that is COMPLETELY WRONG IS, A vehicle built with emission components on it still has to have those components on it. A 1955 still has to have a  PVC. A 65 Chevy with a AIR system still must have that system.  Those with out are breaking the law. 1976 to newer still must have what it was built with.
The only thing is 1975 and older don't get inspections. MY UNDERSTANDING.
They are still to have a legal working system on them.