Is it a big deal?

Kriss Vector

Re: Is it a big deal?

none
In that 4 hour update they tell you that scanning the vehicles VIN is the most important but as long as you check that they match I don't think it is an issue. That said I always scan the car when I can. I have a good bar code scanner and lousy close range eye sight so the scanning thing works really well for me.
Don't take advice from me. You'll just end up drunk.

Re: Is it a big deal?

Voltron
I scan both as much as possible. but GM is usually a no scan for me and some of the metallic ones

Re: Is it a big deal?

BIG DEAL? I would say no.. Why? Because I don't scan both ever since OIS has started.

Re: Is it a big deal?

Kriss Vector

Re: Is it a big deal?

none
What brand is your scanner? I bet you can buy a long coiled cord for it on Ebay.
Don't take advice from me. You'll just end up drunk.

Re: Is it a big deal?

When I can't reach the barcode, I type the barcode into barcodegenerator.com, generate the barcode and scan right from the monitor screen into the OIS field. The OIS still says I scanned from vehicle, so if the OIS can't tell the difference between a label and a PC screen, then I don't think it matters. Plus, I have had instances where the OIS scanned a slightly messed up label and got a few characters wrong.

Re: Is it a big deal?

 My thinking, HELL YES. SCAN BOTH whenever possible.
Why? The State didn't do it for no reason. Your fucking with the State. Fuck you people I won't do what you want. There is a reason, and it may be in there mind why, but they had there reason and now you are telling them there reason is shit.

 Your Fucking with a program that was set up by the BAR  They have there reasons. Why pull the tail of the monster that can come back and bite you?

 Take it from this tired old man. Never fuck with some one or some thing that control how you feed you and your family.

 BAR: Look at this ass hole he wants to screw with us? Let's screw with his FPR.

 That's like screwing with the land lord.

Re: Is it a big deal?

FiendFX
BAR 97 never asked us to scan twice. Plus the only logical reason why it wants us to scan both is to verify the VIN matches. If you are ALREADY verifying the VIN number on the vehicle then I say it's Redundant...

Re: Is it a big deal?

D, I wouldn't go through that much work for the VIN.

I just had a 2000 4Runner that the VIN on the door jam was torn up from the seat belt getting slammed into it ten thousand times so I just made sure the VIN matched and scanned the renewal only. I really don't think BAR will care.
Don't take advice from me. You'll just end up drunk.

Re: Is it a big deal?

I'm on the same wave-length as none, yet again.  I think I'll stop posting just to say I agree with him, and save it for the very rare instances when I don't.

barrym95838
EO/EI144107

Re: Is it a big deal?

D wrote
When I can't reach the barcode, I type the barcode into barcodegenerator.com, generate the barcode and scan right from the monitor screen into the OIS field. The OIS still says I scanned from vehicle, so if the OIS can't tell the difference between a label and a PC screen, then I don't think it matters. Plus, I have had instances where the OIS scanned a slightly messed up label and got a few characters wrong.
  mmmmm...very interesting, about the barcodegenerator .But the time you have done that I have already manually entered it twice into its prospective long rectangle on the ois program.
   I kind of agree a little with Bestanswer, the scanning twice must be their way of thinking the car has to be present to scan , which D just disproved

Re: Is it a big deal?

D Rochells 150861
Entering it twice with those stupid **** covering the entries pisses me off so much I always make a mistake typing.

Why don't we type our password twice for security? Hell, we should do the entire BAR97/OIS menu twice, that will improve STAR scores.