Is my scanner defective?

stsp
I have small scanner(Autel al319). It shows monitor readyness and fault code. Recently I found Even scanner shows all green color and no code at all, smog result fails and shows codes. Anybody has same experience or do I have to buy new one?

Re: Is my scanner defective?

Smokey-cheken
Does the VIR show permanent codes?
My small scanner doesnt read permanent codes.

Re: Is my scanner defective?

stsp wrote
I have small scanner(Autel al319). It shows monitor readyness and fault code. Recently I found Even scanner shows all green color and no code at all, smog result fails and shows codes. Anybody has same experience or do I have to buy new one?
yes it is.

Re: Is my scanner defective?

stsp wrote
I have small scanner(Autel al319). It shows monitor readyness and fault code. Recently I found Even scanner shows all green color and no code at all, smog result fails and shows codes. Anybody has same experience or do I have to buy new one?
take a pic of the results and post it. its sounds like permanent code related

Re: Is my scanner defective?

stsp
yes. it shows permanent code.

Re: Is my scanner defective?

scanner
stsp wrote
yes. it shows permanent code.
The manual for your scanner indicates that it will read Permanent Codes.

https://www.aetools.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/AutoLink-AL319-user-manual.pdf

You're saying that your scanner didn't read any Permanent Codes?    If that's the case, I'd return the scanner from where you purchased it, and either exchange it or get your money back.

Edit: There's an Update function.   If your scanner doesn't read Permanent codes, updating the firmware may solve that problem.

You're saying that your scanner didn't read any Permanent Codes?    If that's the case, I'd return the scanner from where you purchased it, and either exchange it or get your money back.
i think hes only going through the I/M button its a shortcut for emission related checks. it shows green checks for complete and red for incomplete. on top it shows mill on/off , number of codes and pending codes. but since its a quick emission check it dont show permanent codes. i have one similar you have to go to codes then it has 2 options permanent codes or codes. then for distance cleared and warm up cycles all that is in live data on one of the last pages.

Re: Is my scanner defective?

I have a 519 from Autel and it will only read permanent codes if you go to the menu and select "permanent codes"

It is OK for a cheap scan tool but it is REALLY SLOOOOW.