Isn't an UC run a subletting of an inspection?

Isn't an UC run a subletting of an inspection?

Discuss. I know they can't get in trouble.

Re: Isn't an UC run a subletting of an inspection?

none
BAR owns the car they are running through.

Re: Isn't an UC run a subletting of an inspection?

D Rochells 150861
Ok, then how about Groupon?

Re: Isn't an UC run a subletting of an inspection?

bizarsmog
1in 5th uc car with coupone , other 4 cars paid full price

Re: Isn't an UC run a subletting of an inspection?

smgmn
Not to be rude, but one thing i do when i train a tech is to tell them, to treat them all like uc, but most of the people here that have been doing smogs for a long time already know that. From what i have been told they can not use coupons, it will get thrown right out of court if it goes there. So my point is, and not to be rude again, dont worry about these kind of things, worry about whether there is something wrong with the car that will stand up by there documentaion. If they can take a picture of it you had better find it, and also there is a way to find the cameras they have on the uc and sometimes i have been told by a bar rep they can have up to 3 cameras on the car. So just find the defect wave in the camera, show your junk or just flip the bastards off , or you can follow them to the drop off location after the test and see for yourself. Ive done it more than once and it was a uc car. This was back in the nineties and one was in Riverside and the other was in the city of El Toro. As far as i know they are still doin it the same way, but not 100% on that. Back then they didnt use the cameras yet, that started after the year 2000 i think. Good luck in all your smog check endeavors :) i wrapped my timing light up in a god damn 912 porsche pulley system, hot chick, missing air pump, screw in egr hose ill never forget that shit lmfao!

Mark

Re: Isn't an UC run a subletting of an inspection?

D Rochells 150861
Dont worry, I was just bored at work and wasting time thinking. I got my license in 04, Im pretty comfortable with my UC detection skills...as long as Im not tired, hungry, sunburnt and brain faded from explaining failures and program terminology all day long.

I have a very high performance camshaft in me, burns lots of fuel, dont idle well, and I will spin out of control if used incorrectly.

Re: Isn't an UC run a subletting of an inspection?

iha
smog man wrote:

From what i have been told they can not use coupons, it will get thrown right out of court if it goes there.

Why would using a coupon cause the undercover to get thrown out of court? What difference would it make?

Re: Isn't an UC run a subletting of an inspection?

D , I guess that's why they sent the BAR referee flyers , what gets me is why send them to us ? do your work BAR.why not mail them like you said in their registration envelopes hell they already stuff em with other unnecessary garbage that the customer usually leaves behind on our desk anyway .

Re: Isn't an UC run a subletting of an inspection?

smgmn
Conflict of interest, maybe? Again and i am gonna repeat this over and over, i am not gonna worry whether its a uc or not, do the smog right your fine. To much mind space waisted on this subject but to each his own.How long have you been doing smogs iha? The bar does not use coupons when they get a smog check and to be honest, i really dont give a shit, i was only stating what a bar rep from the riverside office told me. He is the one who also told about the camera placement but im sure someone is gonna want to troll me about that. Thats why i only post here very so often and try to help someone and i learn a lot of stuff from Barry and the other awesome techs. I dont take this stuff litely and coming here always winds the same. I have 35 plus years expereience, multiple ase's , gm certified, memeber of iatn, a respected and looked to tech at my shops, i dont E-PEEN or have a big ego and just want to help everyone but it seems i wont be acceppted and thats fine have a nice weekend iha and good luck in all your smog endeavors.

Mark
Joe

Re: Isn't an UC run a subletting of an inspection?

Joe
smgnm thanks for being humble not like the "i'm right no matter what you say" JTF.

Re: Isn't an UC run a subletting of an inspection?

smgmn
Joe my apolgies if i offended you or anyone else. I just want this forum to understand i am here to help not to hurt and i just think a topic on whether the bar uc program is sublet is a waist of time when we should be focusing on other things.

Have a Great weekend

Mark