It aint worth it.

Citation Addict
I just recently had a customer try to bribe me into a pass.

I don't care if it pays for next months rent.....IT aint worth going to jail over.

I told to the customer to F off and go down the street.

As I understand it, clean pipping is considered a felony.

Re: It aint worth it.

FiendFX
Round of applause.

Re: It aint worth it.

John Wallauch ex Bar
Banned User

Re: It aint worth it.

D Rochells 150861
We don't want to know what you did to Sherry, John.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: It aint worth it.

Newbiesmogtech
I've noticed an influx of people coming here asking for the special smog. Atleast 7 different people this week asking, trying to pay extra for me to pass their cars. I mean even in the long term it would make more sense just to fix your car instead of paying to get it passed every time you need a smog. Where are all the clean pipers? Why am i getting so many customers asking for a clean pipe?

My favorite are "(insert generic name here) sent me here, he said you'd do it for me"
"Nobody is going to find out, you can trust me"
"I can bring you more customers, you'll make a lot of money!"
"I'm not going to pay you if the cars fails so just make it pass"
"Do i need to bring my car? Can you just pass it."

i swear it makes me want to punch a baby everytime, I am actually offended sometimes. Can customers get in trouble for trying to get you to pass their POS?

Re: It aint worth it.

D Rochells 150861
Its very curious that in the old days when the CHP did the smogs, yes it was a crime to attempt to bribe them, but then they decided to have guys with only a license do the smogs and didn't bother to write any laws about bribing license holders.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: It aint worth it.

Citation Addict
 Can customers get in trouble for trying to get you to pass their POS?

You know, I often thought we should, we often get a lot of back lash from customers who want to bad mouth us over a failure on yelp, to the BAR or swear at us in front of other customers. I think its time we turn the tables.

Re: It aint worth it.

Johnnybeme
Aiy Addict

About time the responsibility of the consumer is exposed and realized. I would love to know if it could be done, set up a consumer?

Re: It aint worth it.

Karupt
Johnnybe me , excellent idea ! I mean the police turn the tables , and go undercover hooker , why couldn't we go undercover and bust a consumer for trying to bribe himself a crooked smog ? I think it is a great idea .
    Also I have heard of trying to bribe , but around here people are so broke they don't even try to bribe but BULLY , piss and groan their way to a pass . It never works with me .

Re: It aint worth it.

D wrote
Its very curious that in the old days when the CHP did the smogs, yes it was a crime to attempt to bribe them, but then they decided to have guys with only a license do the smogs and didn't bother to write any laws about bribing license holders.
Actually, they did. H&S § 44056

http://codes.findlaw.com/ca/health-and-safety-code/hsc-sect-44056.html

but I don't think it's enforced very often
If everyone fixed their own cars, my car would be fixed.

Re: It aint worth it.

D Rochells 150861
I am so handing that to people who try to bribe me! Thanks!
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: It aint worth it.

tampered
D wrote
I am so handing that to people who try to bribe me! Thanks!
I always say "Nice try! What's the matter, did you run out of UC vehicles?"
If everyone fixed their own cars, my car would be fixed.