It figure.

justa
Banned User

Re: It figure.

simpleman510
Fast food workers want $15 an hour.

 Let's all agree to it but when they open their check they only got paid $9 an hour...

 That's what it feels like when you forget half my order stupid

Re: It figure.

smog man
They only thing raising the min wage to $15 is going to do. It's going cause everything to go up, food prices are going to go up. Fast food restaurants going to be forced to use less people, and go automated. May also force some small businesses, out of business. Some people with skills are going to be making close to min wage, it's going to piss a lot of people, with skills off. Now people working a McDonalds will be making the same money, as some people with skills. A fast food job, was never meant to make a living off of.

Re: It figure.

Mark

Re: It figure.

Any job that needs doing because people demand the service, even if it is just serving stuff that looks like food in a relatively short time, needs a living wage. Otherwise the job does not get done in an acceptable manner. Pay them $20 an hour and make the damn food on-site.

It is a big country, and there are a lot of people without jobs, yet still important shit does not get done. The roads are not paved, we don't collect water efficiently, our government employees get paid too well and can't lose their jobs over poor performance. Homeless people love to go through garbage, and we still haven't put them to work sorting our trash. There is a perfect job for everyone, but no one wants to do a good job for little money unless they are stupid, like me.

זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: It figure.

Mark
D wrote
Any job that needs doing because people demand the service, even if it is just serving stuff that looks like food in a relatively short time, needs a living wage. Otherwise the job does not get done in an acceptable manner. Pay them $20 an hour and make the damn food on-site.

It is a big country, and there are a lot of people without jobs, yet still important shit does not get done. The roads are not paved, we don't collect water efficiently, our government employees get paid too well and can't lose their jobs over poor performance. Homeless people love to go through garbage, and we still haven't put them to work sorting our trash. There is a perfect job for everyone, but no one wants to do a good job for little money unless they are stupid, like me.
The thought process behind this is one I never understand. People who will pay 10 dollars for a hamburger, be concerned about the unemployment rate yet demand that the min wage be high enough to warrant machines replacing people and forcing some out of business.

Not saying your wrong D because I certainly am no economist if I thought paying someone 15 bucks an hour to flip burgers was the thing to do I would say go for it.

If I had to put my finger on a problem it would be the black, err I mean white house.

Re: It figure.

That article is a crock of shit. Let's take a look

Evidence is surfacing that some workers are asking their bosses for fewer hours as their wages rise – in a bid to keep overall income down so they don’t lose public subsidies for things like food, child care and rent.

Is this what's got you all riled up, Justa? Here's their "evidence"

Full Life Care, a home nursing nonprofit, told KIRO-TV in Seattle that several workers want to work less.

That's it, no evidence of a scramble to avoid welfare ineligibility anywhere in the article. only predictions and speculations from a radio show host and a has-been bureaucrat Zero facts.

Let's continue:

Some restaurants have tacked on a 15 percent surcharge to cover the higher wages.

That's nice, considering that wages increased only 9% in Seattle for businesses employing less that 500 people. Not that it matters, Fox gives no evidence to back up this claim.

And some managers are no longer encouraging customers to tip, leading to a redistribution of income.

Really? How would this offset an increased payroll?  More importantly, where is the evidence of this happening?  OK enough Fox Seattle bullshit, let's follow them to San Francisco where they at least talk to an employer directly. One employer. Better than nothing.

Comix Experience, a small book store in downtown San Francisco, has begun selling graphic novel club subscriptions in order to meet payroll. The owner, Brian Hibbs, admits members are not getting all that much for their $25 per month dues, but their “donation” is keeping him in business.

Nice business model, Brian.

To date, he’s sold 228 subscriptions. He says he needs 334 to reach his goal of the $80,000 income required to cover higher labor costs.

Eighty grand?  How many employees does his small bookstore have?  Remember, SF minimum wage increased from $11.05 to $12.25, a bit higher than Seattle's increase but come on!

Anyways, Fox news sucks IMHO. No substance.

Honor labor.
If everyone fixed their own cars, my car would be fixed.

Re: It figure.

justa
Banned User

Re: It figure.

tampered
just another shop owner wrote
Hell Tampered if you could "Work" less hour and still get free stuff, don't tell me you would not be one of the first to sign up.
Fox provided no examples of this ever having occurred, and no evidence that it was even possible.  Perhaps you can?

But to answer your question...I could hang a CAT on a CAP vehicle, isn't that the same thing? Less work, free stuff from the government?

Do I?

Only when my muffler shop is slow.

If everyone fixed their own cars, my car would be fixed.

Re: It figure.

Mark
You know something, I was thinking about min wage and people that say every body that works should be Paid a min wage, I would go along with that IF they had a BS degree or equivalent. THEN that person has earned it. NOT an ill eagle or some lazy fuck that never got off his ass. To make this s work degree people would be hired first.

Re: It figure.

D Rochells 150861
Look, there are enough resources for all of us, but there are a lot of stupid people that are not going to get smarter. Do you want to live with a poor stupid person that is always bugging you for money? Or a stupid person that has enough to feed his family and buy basic shit and feel like a member of this society?

We are all in this together, there are jobs for stupid to do that smart people don't want to do, but stupid people are the last people on earth that you can expect to be able to handle a limited amount of money responsibly.

I should have gone to college, but I am impatient, if I want to learn to do something I just want to learn it by getting my hands dirty.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!