It finally happened, a person drove off with the DAD still inside.

It finally happened, a person drove off with the DAD still inside.

KeepItReal
I just finished smoging a diesel then the next car pulled in the shop, I asked my wife where's the DAD at ?

She said that she never took it out of the truck.

I thought she was joking until I saw her jump in a car and chase after them.

I told the car that was waiting for a smog, that the truck left with the DAD machine, and now I would have to test it on the dyno.

He told me no, he said he would wait.

My wife caught up with her at the stop light light. She was honking the horn and yelling for her to pull over.

She pulled over and gave the DAD machine back, and said she was going to return it later.

Re: It finally happened, a person drove off with the DAD still inside.

deviationmaster
i hard wired because i lost many remotes , someone may be tuning their HD TV with it

Re: It finally happened, a person drove off with the DAD still inside.

909 Smog
Do you think really she would have returned it?  If she knew it was in the truck, she would have immediately brought it back.  That would have been an expensive mistake.

Re: It finally happened, a person drove off with the DAD still inside.

Get in the habit when the machine prompts remove the device remove it. Or before signing the VIR, remove the device first then sign the VIR.

Re: It finally happened, a person drove off with the DAD still inside.

GrossPolluter
We try to label all our tools, devices that we know we use on or inside the customers vehicles. So far, we had our analyzer remote returned to use twice. But, we did lose 2 evap pliers and a hood prop that was left inside a VW vanagon. Customer probably thought it too nice to return ;(