It's COLD, but how in the HELL do you guys do IT?

It's COLD, but how in the HELL do you guys do IT?

Best Answer I Can Give
 41 at the house. 40 at the shop. It will get in the high 60.
Question is, How do shop's like None and some of you people up North do it day in and day out.
This the coldest we have seen in years.

 Praise to those who work in the cold.

Re: It's COLD, but how in the HELL do you guys do IT?

I have a layer of blubber to insulate me, kinda like a killer whale, so air temperature doesn't really affect me much, even below freezing.  I don't like being directly exposed to howling winds and rain, and my fingers and nose get uncomfortable on some winter mornings, so I will wear double shirts on the stormiest days, because I don't even own a coat or jacket.  Mind over matter ... it's 35° and calm right now.

Re: It's COLD, but how in the HELL do you guys do IT?

I had snow at my house yesterday morning. It is just cold today. The puddles are frozen over.

I heard that Sacramento is so cold that Gavin Newsom has his hands in his OWN pockets.

Re: It's COLD, but how in the HELL do you guys do IT?

The heater is broken in the shop and the shop temps yesterday were between about 34 and 37 degrees and the reason why I know is everybody with whining and crying about it the whole time I'll admit I had three layers of clothes on yesterday just so that I could be out there and finish some projects

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019, 7:55 AM Best Answer I Can Give [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email] wrote:
 41 at the house. 40 at the shop. It will get in the high 60.
Question is, How do shop's like None and some of you people up North do it day in and day out.
This the coldest we have seen in years.

 Praise to those who work in the cold.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/It-s-COLD-but-how-in-the-HELL-do-you-guys-do-IT-tp5071645.html

Re: It's COLD, but how in the HELL do you guys do IT?

I was stationed at Plattsburgh AFB 1976 to 1983.
Working in Vehicle Maintenance was rough duty in the winter.
Snow Plows and Air Blast Sweepers were vital to keep
the active duty runways open and the KC 135 Air Refuelers
and FB 111 Bombers flying.
Sub Zero temperatures in the winter were normal during my time there.
I maintained 12 Crew Cab pickups and ten 3 passenger pickups.
They were equipped with 110 volt "perk heaters" to keep to engines coolant
system somewhat warm for "Alert Starts" of the Aircraft on Ready Alert.
Oh what fun it was. It was challenging but I survived.
These temperatures we are experiencing right now are not so bad.