It's now obvious "why"

Banned
I wondered why they all of a sudden removed the locations of the previous smogs in the smog history. With the new BS system it's quite obvious. If every time a smog came in, and you looked up the previous smog, it would be quite easy to have selective failures of the shop(s) which are your main competitors, while making damn sure that your own previous smogs would pass again. For those who keep a customer data base, the latter will definitely be a reality, without the help of the history. Yet another good example of why we won't have accurate smogs. I'm telling you guys, if ANY sensible judge looks at the flaws in this nonsense, it would have to be injuncted, or totally scrapped. Your "worst enemy" shop could probably knock you out in one week. All they would have to do is send their own undercovers in to your shop which would pass, and then intentionally fail them a few days later. I don't know how many vehicles this would take, but how much would you be willing to spend to get rid of your primary competition? You'd get your money back pretty quickly. How bout this one. If the BAR believes in this logic so much, why don't they set up a similar program for PR1s? They could have follow up pass rates for stations. If a PR1 certifies a shop, then a year or 2 later, another different PR1 checks out the same shop, and if the 2nd PR1 finds anything missing or incorrect, they would have to blame the previous PR1 for the current failure. After all, this is the same shitty logic they use on us. So now you can fire or demote the PR1s for the EXACT same thing. I see no reason they shouldn't use their own medicine internally. If they really believe in the system, they should show us, and set an example. Will it happen? Don't hold your breath.

Re: It's now obvious "why"

Re: It's now obvious "why"

Banned
"The FPR is applied ONLY during the next DMV renewal cycle, which is measured in years, not weeks.
Your enemy would have to be very patient and very crafty to do the damage that you suggest."

This is what they tell us, but do you really believe it? I sure as hell don't buy in to anything they say
automatically. If you think about it, the end result is only a number. It would be quite easy for a data
entry of this number, right at the keyboard, and then call it a calculation. In ALL other calculations,
outside of this program, they furnish you with the data, so you can see exactly how the number came
up. If you take a test, the number is a percentage, so you know how many you missed. If you have
negative points on your driving record, you know why you are, or aren't a "good" driver in this state.
If your credit score is less than ideal, they will furnish the data they are working with. If you don't
qualify for something like a loan or rental, they will not say, "We got this number, so eat shit if you
don't like it." I personally think that this will be something they have been looking for, the ability to
arbitrarily knock people that they don't like, for whatever reason, out of the system completely. I
will never buy in to the idea that the number is a calculation, until they provide me with all the data,
and a way to check it on my own. So if the rest of you want to blindly believe that it is always a
calculation, with no grimey BAR hands involved, you may have a rude awakening at some point. On
the other point of the 2 year cycle, yes this is what they tell us, but once again, given their past
history, it may or may not be true, or they may randomly apply different rules if they feel like it,
with no way of verification. Yet another reason for ANY sensible judge to shit can the program.

Re: It's now obvious "why"

Mark
I have no proof of this but as much as our FPR took a shit I
have to wounder if they are taking 6 moth blocks of data that
include cars that were snogged again even if it's less that 2
years.  These days a lot of old junkers get impounded for no
tags, insurance, drunk driving, selling dope and are left and
sold by the tow yard. Some are are  sold or traded.
The next inspection cycle may have changed to next time they are
smoged and not two years form that time.

The reason I say this is because (Around here anyway) selling
of junk cars hits a frenzy around income tax time which is around
Feb now with rapid refund. If they count the next time it was smoged
we will always get a seasonal fucking because of drunk drivings
and income tax returns.

If next cycle we do good on our FUPR I think I'll know why...

Re: It's now obvious "why"

Banned
I wouldn't spend too much time with specifics, as far as scores go. Since they
can "pencil in" any value, and get away with it, they may watch for specific
values to pop up here, in an effort to figure out just who is posting. As
mentioned more than once before, there is almost certainly one or more moles
on this site. This brings up something interesting. Why would someone brazenly
give their EA number, without any fear? If Barry really is legit, then he should
know we could look up his location with this, and give him a call. Unless the
whole thing is a fact finding trick. If we are on the BAR site, and we punch in
his EA# in the search, then it's possible that our PC info is recorded. What they
could do with that, I'm not sure. The other possibility would be some fake info
placed on the internet, if one were to search for a non existent shop, giving out
a phone number which is set up to monitor/record calls derived from this site
only. If Barry wants to demonstrate himself as legit, he should just put his
shop and contact info right here. After all, it would be available anyway. What
do ya think Barry?

Re: It's now obvious "why"

Skanga
Banned wrote
If Barry wants to demonstrate himself as legit, he should just put his
shop and contact info right here. After all, it would be available anyway. What
do ya think Barry?
I don't know where all your paranoia and misplaced suspicions come from, dude...but Barry seems to be a pretty transparent guy who gives people his honest opinions and isn't afraid to show who he is.

If you're so concerned about Barry's legitimacy, just go to the BAR website, punch in his EA number and it will show you exactly where he works.

Good grief...

Re: It's now obvious "why"

Re: It's now obvious "why"

Mark
I have posted my personal information as well.
My real name is Mark and my YouTube have
personal information. I am tired of the shit and
I don't give a fuck, I think the star shit is illegal
and I would rather go out of business that continue
beaning pushed around by pencil pushing tin god
bureaucrats that never worked a day in there life, yet
swill at the public trough that is filled with lies and
over bearing taxation in the name of enforcement.

My two cents anyway.

Re: It's now obvious "why"

Banned
"There it is, I don't have a God Damned thing to fear or hide, because I am a decent, hard-working, honest, reasonably intelligent white boy, and it seems that I also still own a set of balls, although I'll have to admit that I don't use them as much as I used to (aging takes its toll).  Does anyone else here want to cowboy-up?  Banned?  Anyone????"

I appreciate it. I will say that you're the only tech I've ever seen with nothing to fear or hide. The rest of us hide things we shouldn't fear, because a certain organization is really good at finding things, to turn into something evil. What we are now facing is a good example. Take meaningless incidents, and turn them into putting techs out of work. Thanks for the elaboration Barry.

Re: It's now obvious "why"

Re: It's now obvious "why"

Banned
Geez, yesterday you were praying for that loser and his useless input, and in this thread it was "God Bless everyone" in an earlier post. At least I'm consistent, irregardless of how it's interpreted. I have no plans to call you, so you can continue to sweat in the heat without fear from me, (oh that's right, no fear at all.)

Re: It's now obvious "why"

Re: It's now obvious "why"

Banned
I guess the primary statement of all statements is that we are NOT the problem. We are here because we have a common BIGGER problem. Right now, we may be a bit down, because the lawsuit has not been filed. When it is, perhaps we will all cheer up a bit. Later.

Re: It's now obvious "why"

goodolboy
hang in there barrym

Re: It's now obvious "why"

Re: It's now obvious "why"

Re: It's now obvious "why"

Skanga
I have to say, everyone's passion on this board to fight STAR is admirable, but all this unmerited finger-pointing at each other is just plain stupid. I truly believe there isn't a single poster on this forum that works for BAR. Do I think they're at least lurking? Absolutely. One would be foolish to think it's not plausible. The best advice I would give to everyone is use your common sense and stay within the borders of sanity. Thinking BAR is behind every corner, waiting to pounce and attack you, is just plain ridiculous and only an inch short of full blown paranoia. In case some of you haven't figured it out, STAR is all about keeping us in fear and it's obvious some of you have succumb to it already.

Barry, (or Michael...I think I'll just call you Barry!) you're a pretty ballsy dude and I respect your opinion(s), but I'd definitely take your info down if I was you. I'm not sure why anyone would doubt you were simply a legitimately frustrated technician, offering his thoughts on this matter, but then again I wonder why anyone would think BAR would be savvy enough to make up a phony EA number, name and shop. I know these bureau people; they're just not that bright. We do have a childish troll on this board though, just like every board on the internet, so I'd be more careful about that than an actual BAR rep since BAR isn't going to be harassing you at work with phone calls.

I won't be sharing my personal info as freely for the above reason, although I will say I am 31, born and raised in So-Cal, 6'0", medium build, long hippy hair and a bachelor's degree in taking massive bong hits! (Stoned as I'm typing this )

I am also aware of the "incriminating" stuff I post. I like to share the things I've done to protect myself and my wallet from the thieves at BAR. Yes, I cut corners now and then, (we all do, don't kid yourselves) but the fact that I've never been a shady technician who makes cars pass for money, never had a citation, have passed about 13 UC investigations and have maintained a clean record since I started in 1998, just goes to show how money-hungry BAR is, since on paper, there is absolutely no reason I should be getting undercover cars, but they still try every fucking year. Those of you who consider yourselves absolutely perfect, you will always be in danger of getting caught, no matter how good and how long you've done your job. BAR isn't gonna reward you for it...BAR will fuck you for it, eventually. BAR does not give a fuck about you. Learn to live with that fact (I'm looking in your direction, "Mike"). This is why I will never take their rules seriously.

When BAR comes correct with a program that looks out for both technicians AND everyday people and their cars, I will do my job to the absolute best of my ability. In the meantime, I will just wing it, stay on the people's side (legally, of course) and never respect BAR for their crimes on the honest, working man.

Re: It's now obvious "why"

 Mike
 I see the problemm.   Your over qualified dud

Re: It's now obvious "why"

Skanga
Mike wrote
I see the problem. You're overqualified, dude.
Fixed that for you, junior.

Re: It's now obvious "why"