JULY NUMBERS ARE OUT

FRUSTRATED

Re: JULY NUMBERS ARE OUT

Karupt
Waiting all day, o boy our report cards are out!

Re: JULY NUMBERS ARE OUT

Re: JULY NUMBERS ARE OUT

reactor
As much as i prescreen, my average on the monitors is only about 1% below state average, so i imagine most everyone else is doing the same thing.
Barry, you must be still doing a lot of used car dealers.

Re: JULY NUMBERS ARE OUT

Re: JULY NUMBERS ARE OUT

I got high MAX readiness monitors also. I prescreen every car and still have high MAX readiness. Ridiculous. Another funny one is Nissan Murano, 15mph 1500rpm and 25mph 1200rpm. How the FCK did I get dinged for RPM deviation? lol

Re: JULY NUMBERS ARE OUT

smogtech19
I think they can hit you if the rpms are 200 - 300 rpms apart

Re: JULY NUMBERS ARE OUT

K20SI
i dont think u get dinged for rpms being apart u get +-300 rpms from what it should be i ve had alot of cars over shift into higher gears i have not goten dinged for them but i watch my rpm very closely

Re: JULY NUMBERS ARE OUT

reactor
I thought Murano has CVT, how can it be at wrong RPM?

Re: JULY NUMBERS ARE OUT

smogtech19
it goes by a average you'll see

Re: JULY NUMBERS ARE OUT

K20SI
lets say most people that run them get 1750 and 1750 then urs is off thats how they do it i am guessinfg

Re: JULY NUMBERS ARE OUT

smogtech19
yeah if everyone elses 15/25 are 1750 and your 300+ It could flag you

Re: JULY NUMBERS ARE OUT

FiendFX
That's incorrect. According to the STAR FAQS if you are higher than 300 rpms you will get dinged. Check it out on the website. At 15 mph 1500 rpm is Legit! And still got dinged. Oh well..

Re: JULY NUMBERS ARE OUT

kfworry
This 300 RPM thing is nuts!!!!
Why give us a range of 100 to 2500/3000 RPM for automatics
and 1200/1500 to 2500/3000 RPM for manual trans.,
if they are going to "ding" us????
That might hold up on appeal.
But who is willing to retain an expensive attorney
to fight it on appeal????
These educated idiots are not in "our world".

Re: JULY NUMBERS ARE OUT

FiendFX
The dumb thing is that the smog check manual says on 4 bangers, RPM should be below 2000 rpm and on 6 bangers and up RPM should be below 2500. Ever since the brilliant STAR came out, everything had to deviate. What the buck...