Jaguar

SOLO310
2007 jaguar xjr has label that its a California vehicle it says obd2 certified but when i do test it failed for not valid data cant confirm its obd2 i went according to label. Butvwhen i check with the dad on the obd requirements it shows no so is it a federal vehicle also it shows every monitor not supported.  What would you do in this case let the dad tell you its a federal car and do it on the bar97 .??

Re: Jaguar

No One
SOLO310 wrote
2007 jaguar xjr has label that its a California vehicle it says obd2 certified but when i do test it failed for not valid data cant confirm its obd2 i went according to label. Butvwhen i check with the dad on the obd requirements it shows no so is it a federal vehicle also it shows every monitor not supported.  What would you do in this case let the dad tell you its a federal car and do it on the bar97 .??
I would send it to the ref. Let them deal with it.

Had a good customer come the other day with a turbo pt crusier. He had all kinds of work done on it, including swapping the computer. I scanned it and it showed all the monitors no supported. I refused to smog and told him to contact the guys who did the repairs and Ref. Ref said they wont check it out until there is a fail of some kind. So i run the car and the DAD ask "can not confirm OBDII requirements, does this have OBDII" i hit yes because the underhood label says yes. I for sure think its going to give me a DATA CHECK FAIL. Nope, the DAD passed the car with no monitors present

Re: Jaguar

smoggee
There's no reason to send it to the referee and it will be a waste of everyone's time.

No 2007 should have all unsupported monitors - that's your first hint that it's been flashed.  Yes, I know who in their right mind would flash a Jaguar, but I can tell you there are lots of illegal flashes for Jaguar products.

Tell the owner to get it fixed.  If he bought it used, the previous owner had it flashed.  Call him back and let him know going to the referee will not help him
Never attribute to conspiracy that which can be explained by incompetence

Re: Jaguar

smoggee
It's possible the PCM failed and they stuck in a used federal PCM.  Either way, the car is broken and needs to be fixed, not sent to the ref.
Never attribute to conspiracy that which can be explained by incompetence

Re: Jaguar

A federal Jaguar will still have monitors. The fed no monitor thing is only on TRUCKS and over 8,500lb GVWR.

Re: Jaguar

defective
I would test as is.  Document everything you think would be necessary, screen shots/pdfs/pics.  If it fails it fails.

Re: Jaguar

dcf1ver
defective wrote
I would test as is.  Document everything you think would be necessary, screen shots/pdfs/pics.  If it fails it fails.

Exactly. I still dont quite understand the "punt it" mentality....

Re: Jaguar

Ref it

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020, 9:03 AM SOLO310 [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
2007 jaguar xjr has label that its a California vehicle it says obd2 certified but when i do test it failed for not valid data cant confirm its obd2 i went according to label. Butvwhen i check with the dad on the obd requirements it shows no so is it a federal vehicle also it shows every monitor not supported.  What would you do in this case let the dad tell you its a federal car and do it on the bar97 .??

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Jaguar-tp5082724.html

Re: Jaguar

Best Answer I Can Give
 Did you NOT read what I put down about the Ref?

None is the only one that got it. How in the HELL did the vehicle get sold in the US without it being OBD II approved?
That is why I bitched about the question the OIS ask about the 07 Chrysler cars. "Is the vehicle OBD II?" How in the F is it not. Cars sold in the US were to be OBD II. A 07?  Not OBD???? WTF?

 The Ref has no magic button. Fix it or send it to a shop that can. Sending it to the Ref. is just wasting everyone's time.

It was sold OBD II. PUT IT BACK. It has been modified, SIMPLE.
 $600 will not pay the rent. But it will buy a weapon!

Re: Jaguar

defective
So did you run the test to completion??  Did it "data check fail"?  Ive been told that the first OIS test is used as a baseline for all future inspections.  If there is anything different in the data collected after that first test, its considered tampered, will "data check fail", and have to be certified at the ref after repairs anyway.  No point in prescreening obd like some do.  Just run it.  If there are known issues with OBD2, then it would be covered in the OBD reference guide.