Januarys FPR

Karupt
will be a make it or break it one for me . I could not have a job here in about a week . But i am hoping for the best ,preparing for the worst . Good luck all !

Re: Januarys FPR

Re: Januarys FPR

Midnightdrummer
You'll be okay unless you drop under .1. I've had some low scores these last couple times and have been okay so far. Hope I can make my way above .4 soon so I have more opportunity..

Re: Januarys FPR

locopoco
Yeah,it's that time of the year again.like a parolee going in front of the parole board,if only you knew what was it for.

Re: Januarys FPR

Able
I'm nervous as hell. Just opened 3 months ago and hoping for star this month.

Doesn't look good....1 IGS and several aborts and restarts.....I'm dead

I'm a new tech with very little experience

Re: Januarys FPR

DeadTheSTAR
yup im curious to see what mine is going to be. It has been dropping all last year. Good luck to you all

Re: Januarys FPR

fartvalve
I'm kind of pooping through a keyhole also. Just started at a new shop that is 20 minutes away from home and close to the same pay!
I have chronic pain because stupid hurts!

Re: Januarys FPR

Low-score
When are the scores supposed to come out?

Re: Januarys FPR

DeadTheSTAR
barrym95838 wrote
Same goes for me.  If I get FuPRed over next week, my career change will be essentially forced upon me.  I'm too young to retire, (51 last Wednesday), and too old to be doing grunt work.

Barry dont you live in Sacramento Area? There is a career position available for the Postal Service. Its for an Automotive Technician. Look into it. I just got done working for the Postal Service peak season and im hoping they call me back to work longer for them.

Re: Januarys FPR

SCORES usually come out on the 13 or 14.

Re: Januarys FPR

STI evap sucks

Re: Januarys FPR

Smogtech
Same here.

Re: Januarys FPR

Able
I have a question.

So what if you're score is below 0.4, meaning you didn't qualify for STAR, what can you do to dispute it? What's the process look like?

My concern is my 1 IGS.

Re: Januarys FPR

DeadTheSTAR
Able wrote
I have a question.

So what if you're score is below 0.4, meaning you didn't qualify for STAR, what can you do to dispute it? What's the process look like?

My concern is my 1 IGS.
if you are below .4 and trying to apply for smog you wont get it. you need a tech to be no score or .4 if you are a new shop. now if you have star and your score dips below .4 then you are okay but if it dips below .1 then you need to hire someone else to keep star or lose star.

my opinion is that 1 IGS will not affect your score. it mostly deals with follow up cars that you have been doing. smog them right and fail them correctly and you wont have a problem.

Re: Januarys FPR

DeadTheSTAR
btw good luck trying to dispute FPR. we all have been trying to get a real answer from BAR and they cant even tell you how they come up with that score. they just tell you its an algorithm and the follow up cars that you smoged.

Re: Januarys FPR

Able
I figure it's some BS like that from the Bar.

Re: Januarys FPR

BayAreaSmogTech
DeadTheSTAR wrote
btw good luck trying to dispute FPR. we all have been trying to get a real answer from BAR and they cant even tell you how they come up with that score. they just tell you its an algorithm and the follow up cars that you smoged.
They want you to track each and every smog for 2-4 years and then compare it with the followup smog. Good fucking luck that is so incredibly time consuming to do unless you build a program that can automate data logging. If I could do that, I'd be in the IT industry.

It still pisses me off that they have the information at their fingertips but fail to be transparent.

Re: Januarys FPR

STI evap sucks

Re: Januarys FPR

none
STI Evap machine sucks wrote
If you have a computer based invoice software you should be able to track your previous vehicles. I use Smogmaster's and it shows  when a  customer has been here before and gives me a chance to perform a mini pre-check on the car to see if It'll pass again. Saved me from some Not ready's, Mil now on, etc.
You would still have to check all the VINs for cars you checked two years ago that didn't come back to you this time and check if ANY that you have done in the last two years were checked again for change of ownership to get a truly accurate reading.

Re: Januarys FPR

STI evap sucks