Januarys FPR

Re: Januarys FPR

BayAreaSmogTech
STI Evap machine sucks wrote
If you have a computer based invoice software you should be able to track your previous vehicles. I use Smogmaster's and it shows  when a  customer has been here before and gives me a chance to perform a mini pre-check on the car to see if It'll pass again. Saved me from some Not ready's, Mil now on, etc.
I have Winworks and I log every cars vin number in there. I'd need to write/code a program that would pull vins and the results from my smog data and then compare it to the new smog. I personally don't have that kind of skill level when it comes to coding.

I could do it manually like I did with my short term data but its so time consuming and at the end, BAR can still tell you that there are other variables they will not divulge to "maintain the integrity of the metric" like they did with my short term data. I refuse to put myself through that again. Just not worth the hassle or headache.

Re: Januarys FPR

Johnnybeme
Isn't it cool that when a customer brings DMV you can just scan it into Winworks?

Re: Januarys FPR

 Damn near everything that has been written here points out to why the STAR system is such a pile of DUNG.

 YOU CAN STILL CHEAT. Cheat to the numbers. Did I do this car last time? Yes. Winworks will tell me. Other programs will tell you. Did you charge the full amount last time? Yes, then you passed it last time. So now you fail it, you take a hit. No you have it fixed before you take the hit. You are not giving the BAR true and correct numbers.

 WHO'S FAULT? BAR that's who.

 Me I can look up every car. Do I care? NO. I test as presented.

 Just the BS that you saw a vehicle for less than 20 minutes. It will not pass two years later. Your Fault. HORSESHIT!

Re: Januarys FPR

Calibration Required
I thought for sure that they would spring it on us today, this being 'their' day - Friday the 13th.

The suspense keeps building ...

Re: Januarys FPR

BayAreaSmogTech
Johnnybeme wrote
Isn't it cool that when a customer brings DMV you can just scan it into Winworks?

JM

How do you scan stuff into winworks? I enter all the data manually.

Re: Januarys FPR

Re: Januarys FPR

BayAreaSmogTech
Damn near everything that has been written here points out to why the STAR system is such a pile of DUNG.

 YOU CAN STILL CHEAT. Cheat to the numbers. Did I do this car last time? Yes. Winworks will tell me. Other programs will tell you. Did you charge the full amount last time? Yes, then you passed it last time. So now you fail it, you take a hit. No you have it fixed before you take the hit. You are not giving the BAR true and correct numbers.

 WHO'S FAULT? BAR that's who.

 Me I can look up every car. Do I care? NO. I test as presented.

 Just the BS that you saw a vehicle for less than 20 minutes. It will not pass two years later. Your Fault. HORSESHIT!

I had to stop doing smogs for a long time to see my fpr numbers rise in over 3 years. I'm not a bad tech imo and I even logged and compared the short term data with other good and average fpr techs to show that. I still believe the "human correction variable" was keeping my fpr low.

I didn't look up past smogs but its been pointed out by Rocky on the other board that you should do that if you're in fpr limbo which I feel is pretty terrible and only dilutes the actual data with false data, all so they can pat themselves on the back and justify a flawed system. In the end I stopped losing sleep over fpr. Its really unhealthy for me to beat myself mentally over something that I have zero control over and that's not transparent.

I hired an entry level tech who I trained to do good smogs and if my numbers go above .4 this time, I'll add myself in the machine for saturday and sick day smogs. Either way its business as usual and I'll continue to concentrate on the diagnostic and repair side.

Re: Januarys FPR

BayAreaSmogTech
D wrote
Any field that you can type into can be scanned into
Did you buy an extra scanner or just use the same computer for winworks and ois?

Re: Januarys FPR

Re: Januarys FPR

I use the same computer for OIS and invoicing and use winworks, the scanner works just fine. I scan the cars as they come in and the DMV if it pertains to smog.

Re: Januarys FPR

Best Answer I Can Give
 I have 4 computers hooked to Winworks. One at home. One at the counter. The other two OIS computers can also do Winworks.

 The people that work for me can all do a invoice. One scanner per station.

 On the Winworks desk top. At the top, first one click on it. It will start a invoice. Scan the DMV paperwork, wait, and if the car has been in before it will pop up.

 Cool part is when adding the vehicle is, If you are signed up. Put the plate in put the State in and then click on the VIN icon. All the info, make year model, will all fill in. Part of Car Fax.
CO2

Re: Januarys FPR

CO2
Hello Everybody,
Try Demand Advantage.I am using it. I am smog shop owner and tech. All the good information are there. Plate Look up. Engine size, fuel type. Last Smog date and time. All the goodies you need. You can access from your smart phone lap top or at you home. Just log in and you can access. Just for $50 a month.

Re: Januarys FPR

Best Answer I Can Give
 Yes but do you "Own" the Data?
CO2

Re: Januarys FPR

CO2
What do you mean "own the data". Do you own your customer. Its a new world we are living. Its like you ebay, amazon, at&t etc account. That data is in clouds. You must be a old school guy.

Re: Januarys FPR

none
SFI wrote
What do you mean "own the data". Do you own your customer. Its a new world we are living. Its like you ebay, amazon, at&t etc account. That data is in clouds. You must be a old school guy.
I am old school too. I like to own it rather than rent. I own my Mitchell1 and have been using it for over twelve years. At $50/month I would be at $7,500 right now and counting.

Re: Januarys FPR

Best Answer I Can Give
Owned, as in if you don't pay the $50 can you still use the Data?
Owned as in. if I never give Winwork another penny will my software still work?
My Data is on my "Owned Computer"
CO2

Re: Januarys FPR

CO2
Scores will be out any time. Will decide my strategy for next six months.

Re: Januarys FPR

has every one received there Jan2017 score i have not received mine yet?

Re: Januarys FPR

BayAreaSmogTech
Kevin wrote
has every one received there Jan2017 score i have not received mine yet?
No one has received their scores. I bet they're waiting until Friday afternoon to release them.

Re: Januarys FPR

toddsmog
Me to 51 ,31 years lic in this State B S I got tired of a long time ago, Teach that what I'm going to do next level next gen, shit being taught now is a joke I lived Washington State 1 year Got lic Dept of Eco diagnosis car 2007 went to a lot of classes on can Network ,EVAP ,Odb 3@ the time state ran program they already had static Odb 2 testing then all monitor had to be set of fail  my invoice tickets all fail test Odb 2 monitor not ready EVAP is the most they 150 limit then sign boom get your tabs . My family want to move back here on 2008 that y still here
123