Just customer things

Skanga
Customer pulls into my bay and gets out of car:

Me: "Hi, there. Can I get your paperwork?"

Him: "Oh, I don't need a smog."

Me: "Oh, OK. Well that's all we do here."

Him: "Well I'm trying to sell my car and the DMV says I have to get a smog check."

[Brief pause]

Me: "So....you need a smog check?"

Him: "Yes."

[He hands me DMV paperwork]

Re: Just customer things

Best Answer I Can Give
 I have two sayings.. It would be a VERY boring wold if we were all 5 ft 8, blonde hair, blue eyed.
 How many times have you pushed on a door that said PULL.

Re: Just customer things

Customer pulls up and blocks the bay as I'm trying to pull a completed inspection out.

I sit there in drive staring at him from the driver's seat for a good 30 seconds before deciding that he's just going to stare back.  I throw it in park and get to find out what's going on.

Me: "Can I get you to find a parking spot for me?"

Man: "Nah, I need to talk to the boss."

Me: "He's not here, but my service writer is in the first room.  Grab that parking spot over there and see if he can help you."

Man:  "Just tell him I'm out here waiting for him."

I turn around and walk about halfway to the first room before yelling "Benny, can you find out what this asshole needs so I can get back to work?!"

Re: Just customer things

corsakev
i always say if it wasnt for stupid people we would all be average

Re: Just customer things

Skanga
I wish I could get away with calling customers assholes where they can hear it!

I think we should have a sticky thread for these random customer encounters. I am positive the techs here have hundreds of stories to tell. Maybe call it "The Smog Watercooler".

Re: Just customer things

defective
"CAN YOU DO ME NOW?"

Re: Just customer things

Karupt
buahhahahhaha ^^^ just after i get done doing these 10 ! How about "can i get your dmv paperwork ?" them " I dont have it  , just this paper dmv gave me "

Re: Just customer things

How about the "Is it done yet?","Is it done yet?","Is it done yet?" Customer who either pesters the tech or hovers over the cashier's counter. It is really annoying when they won't get out of the way so you can cash out a customer who's car is actually done.

Also the customer who walks into the shop rather than into the office and starts telling the tech he needs a smog check "Should I drive it in?". I wonder if these same people go to McDonalds and walk into the kitchen and start giving their order?

Re: Just customer things

D Rochells 150861
I still think Mr. AWD guy is the worst, closely followed by I asked you if it was stock and you said yes but X is missing and no EO passed last time Bro guy.

If I ever hire another person I will advertise it as a babysitter who also does smog.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Just customer things

none
D wrote
...closely followed by I asked you if it was stock and you said yes but X is missing and no EO passed last time Bro guy...
He is a cousin to the "shenanigans guy" who, when asked if the check engine light has been cleared or battery disconnected, gives a long pause and then says "NO", then acts totally surprised when it fails for incomplete monitors.

Re: Just customer things

D Rochells 150861
And then after it fails and you try to explain Monitor theory for 20 minutes they tell you the truth.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Just customer things

defective
LOL AWD guys.  I park my OIS tests on the dyno, and sometimes i get the "its RWD/AWD"

Re: Just customer things

D Rochells 150861
I like to park on the dyno too to use as half ass wheel chocks, but on the first rainy day I always forget and get a RWD car or two stuck.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!