Just got my denial letter...

Citation Addict
Incorrect Gear Selection which is BS and SVFR.

Im a bit confused on Similar Vehicle Fail Rate. Am I not failing enough vehicles or Failing too many?

Here are the Numbers:

State Average
9.71%

Standard
7.28%

Me as the inspector
7.61%

Re: Just got my denial letter...

FRUSTRATED
It is a moving target.  The best way to look at this metric (and I agree it is complete BS) is that if you test a car that you know more than likely will fail across the state, it had better fail with you.  Example, 1994 ford taurus, start trembling if that piece of crap passes cause you know across the state it probably will fail the majority of the time.  Also, run the active check engine lights and modifications as it seems as a whole the industry is doing this, our shop is running on the almost fail this metric. Conversely, if you have a 2005 Toyota Camry, more than likely no sweat if none of those fail in a month, chances are low they fail across the state.  So they take your total tests, compare your fail rate vs the state average, then give you a 25% buffer, if you fall outside of it, THEN YOU ARE A CLEAN PIPING PIECE OF SH*T, regardless of how you ran the tests or how the vehicles you run are maintained.  Got it, good.

Re: Just got my denial letter...

Accused
Based on those numbers your SVFR is ok.

Re: Just got my denial letter...

sandman
10.42% 7.82% 6.05%** Pass

     thats mine for october and it passed

Re: Just got my denial letter...

Accused
That is a failing SVFR

Re: Just got my denial letter...

Citation Addict
So they are failing me by .4 of a percent because I did not fall within that bracket? Thats a pile of $&@-. The lies these ass$&@: tell.

Re: Just got my denial letter...

Citation Addict
They are failing me....

Re: Just got my denial letter...

Bplacke,

It's not a bracket ... anything at or ABOVE the standard is passing.  It's the only short-term measure that they want to see high.  It implies to them that you're doing your job as an inspector correctly.  I am personally passing that stat by a LARGE margin, and I'm not even that strict.  If I didn't turn away any used car salesmen, mine would probably shoot past 35%, at least until they stopped coming to me.

sandman "got away" with a double asterisk pass on his, but apparently he's still getting f**ked for it.

Months that are marked with an asterisk are the "evaluation" months ... they're the ones that count.

Months that are NOT marked with an asterisk are the equivalent of school "progress reports", and shouldn't count for or against you in an official capacity.

Sincerely,

barrym95838
EA144107

Re: Just got my denial letter...

SDBigdogg88
Even before all this STAR grading nonsense, we never allow any used car lots to bring their cars to us because for the most part, used cars are bottom of the barrel anyway, used car lots always want discounts for smogging their cars (kiss my ass, no discounts), their cars are usually rolling pieces of shit that we don't want clogging up the filters on our machines, etc.

Re: Just got my denial letter...

Troll
Most of the used cars lots stay away from us due to "we won't work with them" mentality. price also.
and the list goes on. Good riddance says us.  We don't need the intrepids,windstars, and the rest of their fleet.

Re: Just got my denial letter...

littlemac wrote
Good riddance says us.
Hey, littlemac,

Cheap-ass, lying scumbags are people too!

I don't look forward to their numerous visits to my shop, because we waste a considerable amount of time pre-screening them for obvious failures, but we DO NOT push their crappy cars through, we reject them, on a car-by-car basis.

Their cash pays (most of) the bills just as well as granny's ... with the '84 Celebrity Wagon and 20k on the odometer ... no checks, please!

Sincerely,

barrym95838
EA144107

Re: Just got my denial letter...