Just had this happen.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Basic is not going to like this. Tough SHIT.

 The Thomas Fire. The one that went @ a quarter mile North of my house. The one that Thousands of homes were evacuated for. Mine being one of them.

 LEARN THIS, and add to, feel free.

 Grab all legal documents first. Well grab the kids if they are small.
Second. Get the damn camera going. Every room. Insurance will pay better if you have pictures of what you owned.
 Number 3 and this is right after those 2. Do nothing else but GRAB Family Pictures. Guns, nick knacks, TV's, SCREW those, they can be replaced.
Family pictures can never be replaced. You, the wife, the kids will never have a chance to make those picture again.

 The guys who own ARP . There's Burned to the ground. Local music teacher. His is GONE. So is the picture of his daughter that died years back. They will never have that picture again.

 Picture of the family is right up there. You can never get them back.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: Just had this happen.

Basic is not going to like this. Tough SHIT.
i dont see nothing wrong with this, actually great advice and to anyone else impacted by the fire be safe !!!!

Re: Just had this happen.

Best Answer I Can Give
It has nothing to do with smog check. That's why.

 Amazing how many people I have talked to that did even think of it. My parents lost a house before I was born. All those pictures of my older sisters were gone.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: Just had this happen.

Here in the foothills forest fires are a constant threat. It is interesting talking to people who have been evacuated several times. They almost all say that the first time they packed TOO MUCH. A fire-proof safe is a must because often times there isn't time to grab anything on the way out. Even pictures should be scanned and those saved on a memory device in a fire box.

You worry about your friends memories in pictures but there were memories associated with the house too that just turned to ashes. No matter how well it is insured they have a grief that comes with loosing their house.

Re: Just had this happen.

Glad your safe
iha

Re: Just had this happen.

iha
La Conchita is under mandatory evacuation! Unbelievable!

Re: Just had this happen.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Monday night\Tuesday morning, the fire traveled better than 15 miles in less 2 hours. It tried to take out Ventura between Foothill and Loma vista many times.

 The Serra Cross is GONE. It's going up the coast.
The only good thing is the winds have died. Going to be back tonight. God help those people .
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: Just had this happen.

My daughter is heading down to UCLA to meet up with a friend and then go to Hermosa Beach for the weekend but I'm not sure if the fire will effect this. Any of you who are familiar with the area know if the fire is in this area?

To us, anything south of Fresno is L.A. so I thought I would check with you SO CAL guys.

Re: Just had this happen.

Best Answer I Can Give
 The 101 is touch and go, but where you are, she will take 5 or the 99. Last I knew clear sailing. Just that 405 over the hill to UCLA will be slow. That is of RIGHT NOW.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: Just had this happen.

 Any of you who are familiar with the area know if the fire is in this area?
http://dailybruin.com/2017/12/06/ucla-cancels-thursday-classes-while-bel-air-fire-continues-to-burn/

Most of the danger is from the smoke.  The time stamp shows that the report was updated recently.

Re: Just had this happen.

She took the train down this morning and I guess Amtrack has buses going the last stretch. She has a VW Jetta and that pile would probably cause a few more fires on the way if she tried to drive it to LA.

Re: Just had this happen.

none
I guess I spoke too soon. The Amtrack train broke down somewhere outside Bakersfield. Who would have thought that a VW Jetta might be more reliable than a train?

Re: Just had this happen.

Best Answer I Can Give
 If Brown had his train to nowhere she could be here now.

 Hey I will go get her. Throw her on the back of the Goldwing. Hope she doesn't have a lot of stuff.

 Look at the bright side. What broke, you don't have to fix.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: Just had this happen.

Best Answer I Can Give
 I don't know about you people, but I BELIEVE in Karma.
One of the owners of ARP stopped by. I talked to him that morning. He told me the house was gone.
He stopped in yesterday afternoon. The house has some water damage. It is still standing. All 3 of the guys who own ARP, still good.

 Now you want to talk about some nice people. Bob, Mike, and Gary are some of the nicest giving people you will meet.  Karma. I believe in it. What goes comes.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.