Local UC runs.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Google Earth, straight line. BAR to  Santa Barbara. 96 miles. Same office next big town up Lompoc, 145 miles.

 When was the last time those guys saw The big bad UC?
Your shop is close to the BAR, you can place money on the fact your going to see a UC more often.

 Day starts at 8:00 AM @ a 2 hour drive. @2 to 3 to get back home. Total of @ 5 hours of drive time. How many UC can you run in 3 hours? Plus all the lunch and break time.

 Now the Fact that if your shop is close to a local BAR office, you could be a target?
It's all numbers, look we ran 100 UC this month. Yes 100 because we went to shops that were around the corner.

 It has always made me wonder, How far or close your shop is to a BAR Field office, is that a let's pick on that shop factor?

Re: Local UC runs.

none
I really don't think that distance is an issue. If they suspect you are doing low quality smog checks they will schedule you for an undercover run. These are not random and do cost money so they will not waste their time.

I personally would worry less about how close you are to the "lab" and worry more about doing thorough smog checks.
Don't take advice from me. You'll just end up drunk.

Re: Local UC runs.

Besta

I think more importantly is the STAR metric involved in triggering UC? It should be if it is worth anything.

Re: Local UC runs.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Have to agree with both of you.
My point I was trying to make was, how fair is the UC program?
They, the BAR feel, you are doing something wrong. The number shows you are doing it wrong. Bull Shit.

 Every station should get a UC.

 Well if it takes us 5 hours worth of drive time, and only do 3 runs. Well if we stay local and can do 6. Look it shows we are doing a better job.

 The shop' in Nippomo, when was that last time they saw a UC. Any shop more than a hundred miles from a BAR field office, when was there last UC?

 Because of numbers, you need to do 100 UC a month. You stay local. Less paperwork. You look good you did your 100 and you did them in less than a month, good boy.

Re: Local UC runs.

FiendFX
Justa,

Fair?! No such thing !

Re: Local UC runs.

Besta,
Have you ever heard of hotels/motels at the expense of the taxpayer ? ever heard of tow trucks at the expense of taxpayer ? breakfasts at Dennys and lunch at CoCos . Then go to motel and do it all over again until shops in that county have been done . then they move the op elsewhere .

Re: Local UC runs.

Best Answer I Can Give
 I think you guys missed what I was trying to get at.

 In yesteryear yes, stay at the motel, eat at the tax payer expense. Today not so.
Under cover are part of the "Required" of the smog check program.

 The budget of BAR is not what it was. They cut the budget, and expect the 100 UC to still be run.

 None and John, yes if they think they have a reason to tun a UC on a shop they will spend the time and the money.
But they still need to do X amount of UC a month. So in my thinking, if I can stay close to 6, when if I have to drive hours to do one. What makes my boss happier?
More so if I need to drive a lot to do some I'm going to pick on shops that take very little time to get to.

 The whole horse shit of this is, every shop should have a UC run before they see your shop again. The shop that dose 75 a month, how lazy are they? They know there chances of a UC are a lot less than a High Volume Shop.

Re: Local UC runs.

Voltron
100 UC in month. thats a grip there