Lost the tiny remote to my gen 3.

Able
Yeah, it's gone.

On the gen1, I used an old universal tv remote and it worked! Any luck with the gen3 and universal remotes?

Or do I gotta buy a new one?

Re: Lost the tiny remote to my gen 3.

Re: Lost the tiny remote to my gen 3.

Kriss Vector

Re: Lost the tiny remote to my gen 3.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Can anyone put up a picture of the remote? Please and thank you.
Would like to see how small it is.

Re: Lost the tiny remote to my gen 3.

It's called a Presentation Pilot Pro MX 10 16.  Its largest dimension is 4 inches.

That tongue sticking out is a rather large hole in the base of mine with nothing in it.  Not sure what goes there, but it works fine without it.

Re: Lost the tiny remote to my gen 3.

Re: Lost the tiny remote to my gen 3.

I found the "tongue".  It's a thumb drive plugged in behind the monitor, and is being used as the Gen 3 "backup drive".  There is a distinct possibility that it also contains the transceiver for the remote, because the remote doesn't use infrared like the old Gen 1.

Edit:  It's just the transceiver.  I unplugged it and the backup drive check still passed, so that must be inside.   So the good news there is that if you lose the remote and buy a fresh one, it should come with its own transceiver, and you can replace both without having to call the service tech.

Re: Lost the tiny remote to my gen 3.

joemister
I have good luck with Brother brand laser printer for my Esp Gen2, plug n play, 2240 and 5240.  Lost my remote 1 month ago, can't figure out how to replace it with a universal one.

Re: Lost the tiny remote to my gen 3.

Re: Lost the tiny remote to my gen 3.

joemister wrote
I have good luck with Brother brand laser printer for my Esp Gen2, plug n play, 2240 and 5240. ...
They are a serial port connection, not USB that's the difference.
joemister wrote
Lost my remote 1 month ago, can't figure out how to replace it with a universal one.
You need a "learning remote" and then borrow a ESP remote from a neighbor to program. I have done several for other smog guys around here. Are you near Auburn by chance?

Thank you for your kindness.  I figure it will only be a few months before getting the Gen 3, I only do 1-2 Bar 97 tests a day, why bother.  Again, thank you for your offer.

Re: Lost the tiny remote to my gen 3.

Able
Monopoly...simple as that

Re: Lost the tiny remote to my gen 3.

SoCalSmogGuy
barrym95838 wrote
It's called a Presentation Pilot Pro MX 10 16.  Its largest dimension is 4 inches.

That tongue sticking out is a rather large hole in the base of mine with nothing in it.  Not sure what goes there, but it works fine without it.

The piece sticking out is the USB dongle. You will see yours hooked up to a usb cable, behind the monitor on the Gen 3
Work Smarter AND Harder

Re: Lost the tiny remote to my gen 3.

blanksauce
Do you think the esp uses the plug n play driver install from windows to install any remote? I was thinking to buy a different one as a backup but I expect the machine to explode once I try. That's how esp get money yo