Ls3 Erod kit

deathbysmog
So had a guy with a 1991 240sx with a ls3 Erod kit with CARB#D-126-32, but no BAR label.  Long story short gave him the boot, no bar label no smog from me, sorry but i don't care what the carb# says. Its an engine swap so it needs bar label IMO. How do you guys feel about this?

Re: Ls3 Erod kit

D Rochells 150861
Engine change must have referee label. Read my previous diatribes on the subject. Rocky Carlisle concurs. Idiot BAR reps who disagree have not read the book, even the ones who used to be refs.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Ls3 Erod kit

deathbysmog
Well you agree with me so that makes me feel better, it got smogged by someone the same day it was at my shop, so i just wanted to see how you guys feel about it.

Re: Ls3 Erod kit

D Rochells 150861
The book says it in like three places, the Gen3 says it on screen. Meanwhile no one gets in trouble for it. Probably cause they spent too munch manpower eating cheetoes at their desk trying to catch my Prius clean plugging empire.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Ls3 Erod kit

deathbysmog
I was thinking i'm going to have to change the engine size in the bar97 to 6.2L, but not putting in a bar# just didn't feel like the right move. Somethings just aren't worth the 60 bucks.

Re: Ls3 Erod kit

deathbysmog wrote
So had a guy with a 1991 240sx with a ls3 Erod kit with CARB#D-126-32,

I had no idea what you were talking about, so I Googled it, and truly some people have more cash than brains.

A 1991 240SX?  Really?

http://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/19257230.html

Re: Ls3 Erod kit

D Rochells 150861
People that only worry about air shouldnt be telling people its ok to put an LS3 in a anything pre-95 without safety upgrades. Mad Max Resources Board. These engine changes probably violate DOT regulations
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Ls3 Erod kit

deathbysmog
Drifter car stuff. Common in 240sx, rx7 etc. just most are not smog legal.

Re: Ls3 Erod kit

D Rochells 150861
The EO does not make it smog legal either, only the ref label. ARB is just taking GM's money for the hell of it. I asked an ARB lady why they issued them and if they intended to bypass the Ref label req they needed to talk to BAR, she was rude and useless.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Ls3 Erod kit

Best Answer I Can Give
 This is what I understand and talking to the Ref, is the rule.
The EO# is only good for GM to GM changes. In this case REF ALL THE WAY.

Re: Ls3 Erod kit

D Rochells 150861
No, Fuck these refs making bullshit up. The book is clear as to what an engine replacement is and why it needs no EO and what an engine CHANGE is and that it ALWAYS requires a 3rd gen ref label. These assholes at BAR removed the nice section with pictures instructing us to send the old ones to the ref for third gen label, so now we have to take up the slack and explain to the youngins.

זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!