MERCEDES-BENZ:"DEVIATIONS" I GOT ONE , TEST THE CAPS!

MERCEDES-BENZ:"DEVIATIONS" I GOT ONE , TEST THE CAPS!

FIRWALKER
LAST YEAR NOV. 26, 2012, FUEL CAP NOT PERFORMED ON A 1990 MERZ 560SEC. I TESTED ANOTHER 1990 MERZ 420SEL, WITH THE PINK ADAPTER IT PASSED THE TEST. THE PINK CAP ARE FOR SOME MERZ. AND SOME BMW. THE RED W/WHITE RING FOR MERZ.

Re: MERCEDES-BENZ:"DEVIATIONS" I GOT ONE , TEST THE CAPS!

If it caused a deviation, I would just submit the bar blast and refute it. It probably came up because for that year, make and model, more people tested it then not.  The deviation does not necessarily mean that it was supposed to be tested, just that the majority did.  That is why they have it written, that if you provide proof it should not have been tested, then they will correct the deviation.

My Stant Fuel Cap Testing Adapter Application Chart lists all Mercedes adapters as red until 1997.  Not until 1998 does it list another style fuel cap adapter.

Re: MERCEDES-BENZ:"DEVIATIONS" I GOT ONE , TEST THE CAPS!

Reactor
When i was buying the Pink adapter i asked why i needed it because there were no ET Blasts regarding having to test the MBZ's. I bought one anyway but haven't needed to use it yet.

Re: MERCEDES-BENZ:"DEVIATIONS" I GOT ONE , TEST THE CAPS!

EL SMOGO
Are WE supose to test Mercedes caps YES OR NO im CONFUSED?

Re: MERCEDES-BENZ:"DEVIATIONS" I GOT ONE , TEST THE CAPS!

Reactor

Re: MERCEDES-BENZ:"DEVIATIONS" I GOT ONE , TEST THE CAPS!

kilativ
YES. 1999 and older which does not require RED adapter.

Re: MERCEDES-BENZ:"DEVIATIONS" I GOT ONE , TEST THE CAPS!

Reactor
On Stant site there is a brand new application chart updated in Dec 2012 that lists Red W/White Ring adapter. Is it different from plain Red?
http://www.stant.com/repository/documents/Dec%202012%20JB-1202%20Fuel%20Cap%20Adap%20App%20Chart.pdf