MODE 6

FiendFX
Repair guys,

Can you recommend me the cheapest scanner that can read live data and decipher MODE 6?

Re: MODE 6

Kriss Vector

Re: MODE 6

FiendFX
It doesn't decipher MODE 6. It gives raw data. Plus, I want another scanner.

Re: MODE 6

Smogtech

Re: MODE 6

FiendFX
Smogtech,

Can you do me a favor a post a screen shot of the MODE 6 data? Thanks!

Re: MODE 6

Smogtech
FriendFX I will post it, on the 9/9 I'm taking 3 days weekend off. I left the bt adaptor in another car.

Re: MODE 6

FiendFX
Appreciate it man!

I've got Torque Pro, it does have MODE 6 data, but the flaw is it doesn't show the complete MIN and MAX, also doesn't really good a good description of the MODE 6 data.

Re: MODE 6

Kriss Vector

Re: MODE 6

FiendFX
Don't get it.

Re: MODE 6

FiendFX wrote
Smogtech,

Can you do me a favor a post a screen shot of the MODE 6 data? Thanks!
I had TouchScan installed on my Samsung GS4, but I held off until I could check the results with another scanner that will accurately display translated mode6 results.   The results match.

This is TouchScan which is $4.99 from the Play Store.  Well worth the bucks, IMO.

This is the Toyota factory scanner Techstream Lite,  using a DrewTech CarDaq2+ for the interface.

Edit: I just noticed that there is an EGR and VVT monitor.  There is no EGR valve on the Prius, but it does monitor EGR flow.   The Techstream reports the exact same results, except TouchScan reports in PSI, and Techstream reports in kilopascals.

Re: MODE 6

FiendFX
scanner,

Thank you very much! I just installed it. As for the techstream, I don't think I want to spend that kind of money.
iha

Re: MODE 6

iha
Scanner:

If the Cat Monitor Bank 1 is 2.46 with the min of 1 and max of 65.53, Does this indicate a problem? How do you know when you are too close for a monitor to not set? Maybe a better question would be: Why did the monitor set?

Re: MODE 6

scanner
iha wrote
Scanner:

If the Cat Monitor Bank 1 is 2.46 with the min of 1 and max of 65.53, Does this indicate a problem? How do you know when you are too close for a monitor to not set? Maybe a better question would be: Why did the monitor set?
It's supposed to fall between the min/max to pass.   In this case the closer to 1 is better than closer to 65.53.  If it measured 66 it would have failed.

Here's a 2003 Corolla that just came in for a smog test.   It had a MIL on.   I entered the aftermarket catalytic converter D-280-73 as a "Tamper".

Here's the reports available for the vehicle using TouchScan.

Here's the code that set the MIL.  The report screen says 2 codes, but the code screen shows current and pending codes.

Here's the mode6 and you can see it's not translated, but I think we can assume the one with the red check mark is the cat.    Max is 128 and the calculated/measured value is 133.

Re: MODE 6

FiendFX wrote
scanner,

Thank you very much! I just installed it. As for the techstream, I don't think I want to spend that kind of money.
I put up the factory Techstream to compare with the TouchScan.   It appears that you can trust the TouchScan at least for Toyota.

Re: MODE 6

FiendFX
Thanks for posting up another example.

Re: MODE 6

BTW,

How do I look up the description? Is there a specific website you use?

Re: MODE 6

justa
Banned User

Re: MODE 6

Smogtech
Thanks Scanner  for posting it.  I just got back and promised to post it up for FriendFX.

Re: MODE 6

Smogtech
here some it shot today  o3 ford escape.
I only use it for my car dash,.  I using techstream for work.

Re: MODE 6

Smogtech
12