Motor Emissions Book

OceanViewTch
I swear a day doesn't go by that I get some type of miss information from Motor Book.  We can only be as good as the information we have..

Re: Motor Emissions Book

Karupt
I know what you mean, failed a cust for only two cats Motor said four are required, book was wrong. Good thing cust also failed emissions.

Re: Motor Emissions Book

smogtech19
I like to check the motor and the mitchell manual most the time one is wrong and one is right the mitchell is better imo

Re: Motor Emissions Book

007
You better have multiple resources, if you want to get it right the first time. We have mitchell, motors and alldata, plus multiple websites that have good information.

Re: Motor Emissions Book

kfworry
How will someone decide which Motor Manual, Mitchill Manual, All Data, web site is correct??
The BAR does not require us to have multiple books and then figure
out which one has the correct information.

Re: Motor Emissions Book

007
Your right they don't require it, but if you want to do the job right you need multiple resources. How do you know which one is right, by the one the matches the vehicle and experience.

Re: Motor Emissions Book

kfworry
I've seen many mistakes in the Motor Manual.
I need to make notes and send them to the Big Wigs
at Motor Manual.
I.E. My 2005 MINI Cooper S does-not list an Air Pump
on the under hood label. Yet the Motor Manual
says it has an Air Pump. Under Hood label
Over Rules the Motor Manual.
I agree experience makes a difference too.

Re: Motor Emissions Book

007
Not every book is going to have all the information or correct information, information is only as good as the person interripting it and inputing it in. It is funny because some books have the same mistakes so someone is just copying the other. Weather your working on cars or anything else mutiple referances are a must.