Motorhome Cat Conv application

XXAMM1
I have a star test only next to a muffler chain store.There has been a rash of cat conv being stolen from motorhomes in the area.Some are well over 14,000 gross weight,is the requirement for replacement cats different than for lighter duty trucks?I can not find any info for EO # for anything bigger than a F 350 on CARBS website.The Smog bible says MOST vehicles over14,000 are not OBD2.The local Ref told the muffler shop that a pre OBD2cat  is ok to install.Is that possible?The specific RV is a 2007 Winnibego 6.8L Ford engine,Gross weight is 19,500.I told the muffler shop to have the customer to go to Ref.Bottom line,
 if a 2000  and newer H/D truck or RV   is not OBD2 is a Pre OBD 2 cat ok?Where can I find a BAR approved application chart for H/D vehicles cats.
   Many thanks for any info.

Re: Motorhome Cat Conv application

No One
wtf are you doing up 3 am?

Re: Motorhome Cat Conv application

user7112
Awake at 3am on a smog check forum?
you might be a crackhead

Re: Motorhome Cat Conv application

XXAMM1
Crack is wack.No really I am a very poor sleeper,5-6 hours is all I usually get.Any info on the RV cat
question?

Re: Motorhome Cat Conv application

smog frogposter
Had a similar situation with a federally certified early 2000's Ford F350 with over 14,000 in GVWR it had the Cat stolen and replaced with an aftermarket CARB approved catalyst. Failed the smog inspection due to the catalyst being a pre OBDII catalyst next thing I know I have the customer calling the referee and the referee is barking at us that Ford discontinued the OEM catalyst for the vehicle and that we should have looked at the manufacturer part number instead. Calmly explained to the Ref that even though the vehicle is a federally certified OBDI it still constitutes a year model early 2000's ford and the CARB number only goes up to year model 1995's.

Long story short, the Ref said he was going to issue a BAR label certifying the aftermarket catalyst because there are no aftermarket parts or OEM parts available just ship it to the Ref and let them deal with it even though they bite your head off.

Re: Motorhome Cat Conv application

user7112
From my experience if there is no definite answer you just have to get as close as you can and make a note of everything.

like
Installed cat for 14,000 gvwr and over vehicles.

Re: Motorhome Cat Conv application

805smogtech
had the opposite problem one time. guy comes in with an 86 motorhome. label clearly states NON-CATALYST, in capital letters and everything. well, low and behold, it had a cat on it. guy said that it had been on there at least 10 years and no one else had ever looked under it to check and he was not happy when it failed for the cat lol

Re: Motorhome Cat Conv application

Lots of notes on reference materials or send to referee

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Motorhome-Cat-Conv-application-tp5078157.html