Muscil flexing, show of unity.....

Mark
I was thinking about how to get the word out. My thoughts were to use the system that we already have in place. That is the mass media, TV, Radio, News papers the normal channels we get our information from every day. All we need to do is get there attention. They after all make money off of reporting current events. Problem is getting them to listen. Create a big stink, get people mad, inconvenience the general public and you just might get someones ear.

So how about a big membership drive with the goal of going on strike for a couple of days. If we went on a big membership push. Got many shops or at least many shops in a area where a lot of people to live to close down there shops for a couple of days with a sign out side that says something about striking because of attack from the NAZI regime BAR. Striking shops could call local news papers and TV news a day before and warn them about what was going to happen and tell them if they wonted more information to go to http://stopthestarprogram.com or contact Mr. William Ferreira Attorney at Law or possibly a pre-made YouTube explaining the brutal victimization of Smog Techs and shops by the Nazi dictatorship know as BAR.

I think that this might do four things.

1. Give a short term, intensive, achievable goal of boosting current membership.

2. Give this site credibility to Techs and shops that are not aware of the effort of that don't think anything can be done. There by boosting membership even more.

3. Give public awareness to the plight of Smog Techs feather boosting credibility of this site.

4. Success would give momentum to the cause.

Lets look at what we got here.

Aug is when they are going to start giving away smog licenses to anybody that can pass a two week course. Any idiot that gets that license is not going to close there shop to protest or in fact protest at all ever. They will be happy to work for minim wage doing smogs and I bet the bar doesn't mess with them at all because they wont the new system to work. One proof that it worked is zero citations to the new give away license.

I hear a HUGE sucking sound of Smog Tech wages going down. All those years of work all those ASE tests all those hours in smog class. Thousands spent on update classes will mean nothing. Gone with the stroke of a over paid bureaucrats pen. And all to secure that same bureaucrats  government job as we the working class face financial ruin.

We don't have much time..........

Comments, Ideas.... Lets get the show on the road.

Re: Muscil flexing, show of unity.....

Smog Shop Owner
I totally agree, all we need is everyone to stick together, and keep passing the word and keepin visiting the informational websites for updates. We can really do this, I believe that this is a powerful movement is the breaking point we have all been waiting for (We have the resources, internet, an amazing attorney, and great leadership by everyone involved and putting the effort to promote Stop The Star.  We really need to take action and support this movement, and get as many shops, techs, instructors involved and registered to the site. Also we have not got the vehicle owners aware of the star program, and the effect is going to have on them as well. We have lots of work to do, but it will be all worth it if we continue to strive and have one goal in mind stop the bar from making changes to benefit somebodies pocket. THey have forgotten about all of us the techs and shop owners.  Lets stick toghether as a team, and the end result will show all of our efforts

Re: Muscil flexing, show of unity.....

Karupt
I admire all your energy you are putting in to this but what is the cost of the class action ?
Alot of people are afraid of BAR threats and repucussions! They have the attitude if they licence they can take it away .they are actually legal bribers and threateners in other words the t word .

Re: Muscil flexing, show of unity.....

Mark
All I can do is offer my prospective on the issue of BAR reprisal.

First they are screwing shops as much as they can anyway. Fines are
up. They hired a new rat crew and are bragging about how many new
rat cars they have. They are after you anyway.

Next What happens to your business when everybody with 5 grand
(The est cost of the new OBDll Only machines) and a two week license
sets up business within 3 blocks of you at 1/2 the price?

You'll make it up on repairs? Nope, the BAR is taking care of that to. They
recently went on a raid of unlicensed shops.(The link below will show you
what BAR is so proud of. Unlicensed shops is one of there big things. Why
now? We all know they ignored this for years.)
http://www.bar.ca.gov/enforcement/index.html
They won't all of the shops
under there control because these shops are going to do all the repairs.
No they can't do emission repairs. But like they are doing now, they fix check
engine lights. As long as there is no word about Smog they can work on anything
they won't to. So there goes your EA  license  power as well. When was the
last time a shop got busted for doing a Smog Repair? All they have to do is
selectively enforce the law and they in essence make the laws themselves.

With star and the giveaway  license  I don't think ill have a shop left anyway.
So I ain't got nothing to loose. Ill go down cussing and fighting if I am going
down anyway.

Re: Muscil flexing, show of unity.....

Smog Shop Owner
I belive in this world we have to fight for our rights, and the bar has really tooken it overboard. We need to stick together, and fight because if not they will continue to bully us around. I want to clarify that there has been no cost involved, even for attorneys. So all it requires time, and support.  Im with this 100% and will fight til we win.

Re: Muscil flexing, show of unity.....

Mark
The gravity of the situation will become more apparent as we get closer to the end.
I guess everyone got a "BAR Blast" (The "blast" does not "blast"  out of there mouth :)

1st was the give away license that starts  AUG 1st. The second one about the tire pressure
was a little ambiguous. But I think it says that only Smog techs have to check tire pressure FREE
and with no opt out. Anybody else read that?

Re: Muscil flexing, show of unity.....

Smog Shop Owner
Want to add that the goal of the BAR, is to give as many citations and undercover stings, so there wont be many Star Stations. They want 90% of shops to be out of business by June 2013

Re: Muscil flexing, show of unity.....

karuptrougeouttacontrol
So now another reason to fine us with the tire pressure check seriously?
FRee and no opt out ? wth ? so does that mean BAR can pay my SDGand E bill for my compressor ? what if my hose breaks are they going to pay that for me too ? i cnt apply to cap if my equipment breaks ? Seriously we do need to stick together on this one .I am all aboard. As for them wanting to get rid of shops by 2013 it is beginning to look alot like the truth !!!

Re: Muscil flexing, show of unity.....

Shop Owner
Want to share that Public Record Act, was publishing 10-15 citations from undercover
Runs per week.  Right now the Public Revord Act is publishing 100+ citations per week.
This shows that the Bar is doing whatever it can to cite as many shops so they don't qualify
For Star. We really need to continue to support this movement and spread the word because
It's very serious the actions being taken by the Bar

Re: Muscil flexing, show of unity.....

karuptrougeouttacontrol
can you tell me where to find these public record acts on the number of citation per week ? i would like to read that . Also on the tire inflation check as per smogprocedures sect 1.2.0 it does say we are supposed to check that tires are inflated to proper air pressure , but ONLY if it is ASM , also it does not say what tires ? I am assuming it is the drive tires? hence not all four ? JUst being technical as the BAR is with us !

Re: Muscil flexing, show of unity.....

karuptrougeouttacontrol
As per section 1.2.0 nowhere and nowhere does it say that YOU MUST Document the air pressure .

Re: Muscil flexing, show of unity.....

smoginstructor
You don't have to do it for free only the drive wheels when doing an ASM.  here is how the law is written.

AIR RESOURCES BOARD
DECISION OF DISAPPROVAL
OF REGULATORY ACTION
(Gov. Code, sec. 11349.3)
REGULATORY ACTION:
Title 17, California Code of
Regulations OAL File No. 2010-0204-03S
ADOPT SECTION 95550

A customer may decline the check and inflate service under the following conditions:
(A) The automotive service provider proposes a separate discrete charge for the
service; and
(B) He or she has performed (or had performed) a tire pressure check and inflate service
within the last 30 days and has provided supporting documentation to the ASP,
or
(C) He or she wil perfonn (or wil have perfonned) a tire pressure check and inflate
service within the next 7 days. (Emphasis added.)
Following the receipt of public comment on this 15 day change, the final text of subsection
(d)(5) submitted to OAL in this rulemaking for review and filing with the Secretary of State
provides simply:
A customer may decline the check and inflate service if the customer affrms one of the
following:
(A) He or she has performed (or had performed) a tire pressure check and inflate service
within the last 30 days, or
(B) He or she wil perfonn (or wil have performed) a tire pressure check and inflate
service within the next 7 days.

However, subsection (d)(6) of section 95550 of title 17 as proposed by this rulemaking
would have provided:
If a tire inflation service was not performed as provided in subsections
(d)(2-4), the automotive service provider must indicate on the vehicle service
invoice why the service was not completed.

In closing just charge and post a sign mine says:

California Air Resources Boards, section 95550 requires this repair facility to check and adjust the tire pressure on each vehicle serviced here.

You have the right to decline this service.

The fee for this service is;
$1.25 per tire.

when I tell a customer that not one has said yes.  Also include this in your invoice and state whether they approved the tire service or declined it.  Hope this help rid some confusion.

Re: Muscil flexing, show of unity.....

Karupt
I found this extremely helpful , i will check the drive wheels and charge if they want their others checked , bam end of story .