My ESP machine is down, need help.

SoCaL92626
My older generation ESP machine is down and I don't have a contract on it for the obvious financial reason. The error message it gives me is "Gas Analyzer Failure" I called a friend who had similar issues and it can be the bench. That's at least $1500 I do not have.
Anybody with any suggestions besides closing shop and going home?
Is there anybody that works on the side on these machines? If you know anybody please send me a private message.
Thanks!

Re: My ESP machine is down, need help.

tampered
These machines will be a constant drain on your bank account no matter which approach you take.  Think of it as owning a 1985 Pontiac Sunbird with 190k on the clock and you drive it 400 miles a day.
If it ain't broke, break it.

Re: My ESP machine is down, need help.

My second generation ESP failed recently.
It turned out to be the Manifold.
I cannot say for sure that is what failed on your first generation ESP.
Good luck.

That's exactly what it feels like. Unfortunately, I still need to do the commute because I have a family of 5. If I don't get this fixed, i'm going to rejoin the employee ranks and back to no expenses and less stress! Actually sounds sweet.

Re: My ESP machine is down, need help.

SoCaL92626
Kfworry, was it covered by a service contract? My machine is not covered and I really don't want to go apply for a loan from BOA just to get the machine fixed so I can do 6 smogs a day on it only for it to break down a month or 2 down the road.

Re: My ESP machine is down, need help.

kfworry
I do not have a service contract.
In year 2012 I spent about $2000.00 out-of-pocket for repairs,
far less then the cost for a repair contract.
I would think if you are in good standing with BOA, they would
loan you the money to stay in business.
Hang in there.
BTW, yesterday and today the phone is not ringing and no one
is coming through the door.
I'm in the Fairfield/Suisun City/Vacaville area.

Re: My ESP machine is down, need help.

Karupt
kf, make sure that all your calibrations gases are above 50 psi ! that was a mistake i made once and that error popped up . Also if that fails it may be the manifold is leaking and need a new one . there are loan agencys that can loan you quick cash , try the ones out of state first . good luck

Re: My ESP machine is down, need help.

bizarsmog
 Sometimes I try couple times purging when in Manuel test mode , than try calibration and use air pressure into calibration gas tank line
Good luck