My busiest days....

StarTech
Are rainy days. I swear the worst time every for a smog is the busiest .

On a side note, anyone ever selected Quad four at the RPM selection window on BAR 97? I've never used that before in 10 years and still have no idea what it is lol.

Re: My busiest days....

Best Answer I Can Give
 JM, None, He must be new to the game. Barry also. Mr Facts man also.

Re: My busiest days....

Johnnybeme
Yep Besta

Many a time the magic wand saved my ass!

Re: My busiest days....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quad_4_engine

Like Johnny said, it was one of the early non-contact RPM probe engines.  I test-drove a few back in the day, and they made pretty good power for their size.  Reliability was not good though, especially if they were neglected or abused.  Most have died and gone to heaven, or have been turned into boat anchors.

Re: My busiest days....

none
That was the new latest and greatest technology when I was at the community college in the late 80's. GM donated a lot of cars and parts to Sierra College back then.

Re: My busiest days....

Also helped on mercedes so you did not have to remove the huge plastic cover.

Re: My busiest days....

 Amazing how stuff gets diverted. This started out as busy days and we are talking about Quad 4.

 OK young guys, Quad 4 was built in Ventura. It is the engine the Cadillac pile of crap, blow up, leak coolant, V8, replace hundreds of engine. That engine is based on the Quad 4.

 Fuiling Engineering built the Quad 4. They also built the 3 valve head for the Ford V10. Gary the owner was a ASS.

 If you look at a picture of a Quad 4, the top of the motor, what looks like a plastic cover is all Coils. When you pulled that cover all the ignition stuff came with it. Well they would get hot and Bye Bye system.
Engine makes heat, coils make heat, all set in plastic. All covered up. You should get it.

 Now SPX never had the RPM wand.
This something we SPX guys learned. Take the normal lead, the one you put around the plug wire and start putting it around wires. Example, Pos. or Neg battery cable, select coil and you may get a good signal. Wire going to Cruise control have worked for me. Bundle of wire going to Computer on a BMW works. The Quad 4 the Black with the pink tracer was the wire.
Sometimes coil is to much. Bump it back down to Plug wire.
The Lexus, we found a coil wire on the lower right. go to Rotary, then coil, and you get a good RPM signal.

 US SPX boys, We Don't Need No Stinking Wand. We do magic without a wand.

Re: My busiest days....

Re: My busiest days....

Just the Facts