My video experiments begin.

My camera is here, and I'm starting some test recordings.  This is my first upload, which is really just a little introduction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjzGOjPZQIQ

All comments, questions, and critiques are welcome, here or there.

Re: My video experiments begin.

locopoco
Your commute to work is only 5 minutes?

Re: My video experiments begin.

More like three or four minutes.  That's probably the part I'll miss the most.

Re: My video experiments begin.

locopoco
Damn!!!I'm jealous, mine each way is 35 minutes on a good day.
But good luck with your job search and progress.

Re: My video experiments begin.

Best Answer I Can Give
 3.5 Miles. Now the wife, 65. She works 3 12 hour shifts. She stays at her mom's 5 miles.
 I go down Loam Vista. Look at the Pacific on my way in. If I want to go a extra half mile? Damn the view I get coming in. Maybe I will take some pictures and post them.

Re: My video experiments begin.

ThePharmacist
Hey Barry nice video, you might want to look into the audio. I'm only getting sound coming out of one speaker

Re: My video experiments begin.

Lose weight
Lucky. I commute 85 miles a day.

Re: My video experiments begin.

FiendFX
you must get paid well to travel that distance.

Re: My video experiments begin.

I have about six more videos with various different inspection scenarios ready to go, but I want to look into the audio, and also the encoding.  The camera gives me .MOVs, which look pretty good but take up a LOT of disk space.  I have a reasonably fast internet connection, but the first video took over three hours to upload and process, probably due to its huge size.  My son has told me that I should "render" it into a different format with better compression, but I haven't sat down and tried to figure it out yet.

Do any of you have anything to add to what my son has already told me?

Re: My video experiments begin.

Best Answer I Can Give
 My problem with any of any of them is, the shortness? The distance you can't see. It kind of looking down a tunnel. You want to be able to take in the whole picture.

 Besides that they should be informative.

Re: My video experiments begin.

BlueSky
Barry try a program called HandBrake.  It will compress your file to the max and make uploaded very quick.  Here is a YouTube video of that program in action...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6BtT1THlaI

Re: My video experiments begin.

Re: My video experiments begin.

Re: My video experiments begin.

It saddens me to report that I have reluctantly followed the advice of "friends in high places" and deleted the ASM inspection video.  Please don't be offended ... I just weighed the pros and cons that were made available to me, and the cons won.  I will not be publicly commenting about any further details of my decision, but it shouldn't be awfully difficult for most of you to read between the lines and keep your opinions to yourselves.  Please don't pester me over it ... the decision was not made lightly, but it is final.

I apologize for my actions, but I will continue to consider uploading other videos containing less "gray-area" content, to try to make it up to y'all.

Please have a happy and safe New Year.