Need help bros.. employee punched customer

Need help bros.. employee punched customer

user7112
a guy that buys and sells cars came in on my day off and started messing with my tech
tech told him to leave multiple times
car dealer leaves
car dealer comes back and starts giving shit to my tech again
tech punches him in the face twice
car dealer cars the police

since im "cool" with the car dealer he is not going to sue the shop or make it a thing against me
car dealer is pursuing charges against tech

Car dealer an idiot for coming back and antagonizing my tech

tech an idiot for losing his cool and punching him

whats your view on it?
really want to see all sides before the next step i take

also the car dealer is my landlords bother in law
Land lord knows his brother in law is a dumbass. land lord told me that he wants to stay out of it. Said they are both wrong but at the end of the day a customer was punched
advised me to suspend my tech for two weeks and punish him so he knows not to do something like that again.  Land lord advised to bring tech back slowly but to let things cool off first as it is too "fresh"

at the same time i lucked out if my tech would have punched the wrong guy i would be in trouble with lawsuits .

do not want to risk that

the risk outweigh the rewards of bringing the tech back.

thats where im at
any thoughts and onions would help

Re: Need help bros.. employee punched customer

user7112
opinions******************

Re: Need help bros.. employee punched customer

none
I would either fire the guy or have him take anger management classes. There is a difference between yelling at a guy and swinging at a guy. We have all wanted to punch a customer before but have the self control not to.

Re: Need help bros.. employee punched customer

dcf1ver
Ultimately you have to do whats best for the business.

Mitigating factors for the tech would be

1. Length of employment w/you
2. quality of tech (A,B,C)
3. quality of tech as an employee(on time, helpful...etc)
4. over all demeanor

Aggravating factors:
1. lawsuit
2. potential loss of business from guy he punched
3. more punches

Re: Need help bros.. employee punched customer

Best Answer I Can Give
 A dog that BITES, you put down. It will cause harm. A person that will harm another person, you put down, IE FIRE A dealer that whats to harm you, You put down.

 Get rid of both and STOP THE PROBLEM. You don't need hat grief in your life.

any thoughts and onions would help
In the past I have always stood by my techs/employees. You take care of them, they take care of you. I don't know what type of relationship you have with your tech, but if you trust him enough to be there when you are not, then I assume its sort of a good one. In the end though, he should have not punched him unless it was really really AND I MEAN REALLY FUCKING WARRANTED.

Re: Need help bros.. employee punched customer

I think I would have to be there.  You did use the word "antagonizing" and the guy wouldn't leave.  He finally does leave and then comes back.  What were his intentions when he returned?  Escalation ? More antagonizing?  Of course, violence has no place at your shop,, but it's still amazing how people can be abusive and then get all indignant when something happens.
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: Need help bros.. employee punched customer

Knitpickens
fresh out of onions , but my opinion is give your tech less hours , the car dealer was probably trying to make your tech do something to get his car to pass . It does put you in a spot since the brother inlaw is your landlord . At same time , car dealer thinks he is the queen of the block since his bro in law is landlord. I would probably raise the price on his smogs or tell him to send someone else from now on .
     Hope all goes well .
On another note , someone stole my customers car that I was smogging ,through the OIS out and took off in customer car ! PD got him real quick , but now we owe customer a rim since the GTA man blew his tire and messed up his rim .   Loads of fun

Re: Need help bros.. employee punched customer

STAR is Racist
Show us the video

Re: Need help bros.. employee punched customer

Knitpickens wrote
fresh out of onions , but my opinion is give your tech less hours , the car dealer was probably trying to make your tech do something to get his car to pass . It does put you in a spot since the brother inlaw is your landlord . At same time , car dealer thinks he is the queen of the block since his bro in law is landlord. I would probably raise the price on his smogs or tell him to send someone else from now on .
     Hope all goes well .
On another note , someone stole my customers car that I was smogging ,through the OIS out and took off in customer car ! PD got him real quick , but now we owe customer a rim since the GTA man blew his tire and messed up his rim .   Loads of fun
Did you park the car outside and leave it unattte4nded?

Re: Need help bros.. employee punched customer

Knitpickens
unattended no, running yes , for the test . guy thought a partial face mask would help.There are at least six cameras here all functioning , like I said he didn't get far .

Re: Need help bros.. employee punched customer

Peter
Fire the tech and the dealer. Start over and move on

Re: Need help bros.. employee punched customer

user7112
so my tech resigned said he doesn't want to make life hard for me and advised me to let the dealer go as well

that is what i'm going to do

it was fun and he went out on his own terms.

Now when i let the dealer go i am thinking this might aggravate him and he might follow through with a lawsuit

any thoughts on that?

any thoughts on that?
just let you tech know he can use you as a reference when he needs it it goes a long way

Did he file a police report? Do you have security cameras? Otherwise I would say you understand it as he was the instigator and that you are getting rid of everyone involved.

Re: Need help bros.. employee punched customer

FrankieG559
If he’s a good tech then keep him,let it go man,that asshole probably deserved to get punched,I feel like punching stupid customers every day

Re: Need help bros.. employee punched customer

none
FrankieG559 wrote
If he’s a good tech then keep him,let it go man,that asshole probably deserved to get punched,I feel like punching stupid customers every day
"feel like" and actually doing it are two different things though.

Re: Need help bros.. employee punched customer

BlueSky
From personal experience.  The dealer didn't press charges because the police would have to arrest him also.  When the dealer left it was over.  When the dealer returned he becomes the aggressor, he is more at fault than your mechanic at that point.

As for your mechanic, if I were the owner, once I found out he punched a customer or anyone he would have been fired, good thing he quit.

Re: Need help bros.. employee punched customer

How many factors are missing to know whether or not situation was warranted. If it's a self defense case in it clean cut but Iif its an assault case then it's a whole nother the situation

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Need-help-bros-employee-punched-customer-tp5081291.html

Re: Need help bros.. employee punched customer

Knitpickens
punch him in the face twice . One for you and one for your employer (if he thinks about taking you to court ) that way he will have something to whine about .